Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 10:53 AM   #556
awsomegod
awsomegod began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
I unzipped the image on a micro sd card, how do I get it to work with my kobo wifi N647B?

when I try to open it it tells me that the disk image is corrupted
Old 08-25-2016, 09:11 PM   #557
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
For how to use the image, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. It is for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools needed are the same.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:21 PM   #558
Chris McGee
Chris McGee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
N289 sd card image

Hi, I have an N289, can I have the SD card image please?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 08-26-2016, 10:22 PM   #559
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:12 AM   #560
baldygnome
baldygnome began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO N647b, Kindle 3G keyboard
SD image for Kobo N647b

Hi, I have just acquired a Kobo N674b which appears to be bricked, it is still possible to get the link to the SD image please? kindest regards
Old 08-30-2016, 07:32 PM   #561
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:44 AM   #562
baldygnome

Thanks muchly all working now
Old 09-08-2016, 05:46 PM   #563
majis1385
majis1385 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
Hi DavidFor
I have the similar problem with my Kobo WiFi N647b. Please could you send me a link to the SD card image download. I would be grateful. thx mike
Old 09-08-2016, 08:30 PM   #564
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:41 AM   #565
jmontano
Enthusiast
jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I got a Kobo WiFi from ebay. After using the SD Image got it working but the battery last only 2 or 3 days. Is it worth to get it a new battery, and where can I find one?
Old 09-09-2016, 04:34 PM   #566
chpro
chpro began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi N289
kobo wifi n289 sd image

my kobo wifi N289 stopped working after software update. Could you please provide me a link to the sd card image of this device? Thanks.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:14 PM   #567
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@chpro: PM sent.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:25 PM   #568
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontano View Post
I got a Kobo WiFi from ebay. After using the SD Image got it working but the battery last only 2 or 3 days. Is it worth to get it a new battery, and where can I find one?
A search for the part number that is on the battery should find it somewhere. eBay is the most likely place. They shouldn't be to expensive, but whether it is worth it really going to be up to you.

For the 2 or 3 days life, what were you doing? If it was idle, then that's bad. But, if you spent all that time reading, then it is good. The specs for newer readers say two months battery life. But, that is at 30 minutes per day of reading. That equates to 30 hours. If you got, say, 10 hours reading time in those 2 or 3 days, that isn't to bad for a battery that is at least five years old.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:32 PM   #569
jmontano
Enthusiast
jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Thanks @davidfor.
The battery dies just being idle. I guess it's not worth getting a new one on ebay because of shipping and customs.
I gave it to my son and he seems pleased with it and doesn't care to plug it in every other day

Enviado desde mi BLU LIFE ONE mediante Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2016, 07:53 AM   #570
baldygnome

battery for K647B

I found a company for a replacement battery which fits the K647B, Battery Trader, www.batterytrader.com I think I paid around £25.00 sterling plus postage.
Closed Thread

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi