Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 02-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
xiquinho
xiquinho began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
calibre.net

Hi again,

I finally put on codeplex a beta version of calibre website modern style build with asp.net. I tested it only with my library, not sure if it is entirely bug-free. And it is the first time I put a project on codeplex, probably something is wrong.

The demo version is here: http://calibre.xiquinho.net

And the source code is here: http://calibrenet.codeplex.com/

Hope you like it!
xiquinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Don't you find all the animations a little distracting? And that layout will not degrade well to smaller screens. But it looks cool
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
xiquinho

Yes, I totally agree with you. The animation on the cover wasn’t supposed to be there but I found some titles don’t fit well below the cover, hence the animation. But it will look much better if removed.

Regarding the small screens, only the first page don’t degrade well. The reason is I start to build the website using asp.net web forms and in the middle I change to asp.net web pages but still need to convert the first page (default.aspx), all the others degrade fine. Is on my task list for the next release.

Wishing you a nice day!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
xiquinho

Hi again,

Justo to let you know, I uploaded a less animated version to codeplex … and now all pages degrade well when viewed on mobile devices. Hope you like and wishing all a nice day!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Much better
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
msup
msup began at the beginning.

Device: android
Hey xiquinho, just stumpled upon your project by a pure accident. Excellent work!
msup is offline   Reply With Quote