Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
pillacd
pillacd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pillacd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pillacd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pillacd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pillacd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pillacd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pillacd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pillacd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pillacd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pillacd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pillacd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook HD+, Nook STR
Kindle 3.7.1.8 (Android) won't sync?

Maybe my search ability is lacking, but I didn't see a thread for this.

Is anyone else having trouble getting the Kindle app for Android to sync? I cannot get the app to connect to the network for any reason - sync, browsing the store, etc. It worked before, but since my last sync I've updated both the Android version and the Kindle app version, so I don't know which one (or the combination) broke the network access.

I'm running Kindle 3.7.1.8 on Android 4.0.4, on a Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket.
pillacd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
As this forum is all about Kindle ereaders (hardware), you may receive a better response in the Android Devices forum.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by pillacd View Post
Maybe my search ability is lacking, but I didn't see a thread for this.

Is anyone else having trouble getting the Kindle app for Android to sync? I cannot get the app to connect to the network for any reason - sync, browsing the store, etc. It worked before, but since my last sync I've updated both the Android version and the Kindle app version, so I don't know which one (or the combination) broke the network access.

I'm running Kindle 3.7.1.8 on Android 4.0.4, on a Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket.
Downgrade to 3.6 and it should be okay.

3.7 is really messed up. Amazon is trying to fix it but so far they just keep screwing up the app worse. Just read the reviews on 3.7 and you will see all the issues. 3.6 is fairly stable and works fine.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-29-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote