Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #1
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Really Stuck!!!! ( an exhausted Canadian)

Hi there

After reading people's success in converting the .Lit format, I impulsively ordered a Sony Reader from R&J in New York yesterday morning,........BUT

I've spent the last 2 days trying to figure out the steps to convert the books.
Thus far,
-i have bought a great mystery in the Lit Format
-I've installed and activated Microsoft Reader,
-instaled Libpres500 (which says it bas convertlit inside of it)
-I've installed Sony's library software
-nothing seems to work

-2 questions:
-how do you get the convertlit part to work? - the help file says it illegal
-the Libpress 500 also told me that it can't convert, as i don't have format installed. Where do you get these?

Thank you
Vicki:help

Last edited by Victoria; 03-16-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Hi there

After reading people's success in converting the .Lit format, I impulsively ordered a Sony Reader from R&J in New York yesterday morning,........BUT

I've spent the last 2 days trying to figure out the steps to convert the books.
Thus far,
-i have bought a great mystery in the Lit Format
-I've run and installed Microsoft Reader,
-instaled Libpres500 (which says it bas convertlit inside of it)
-nothing seems to work

-2 questions:
-how do you get the convertlit part to work? - the help file says it illegal
-the Libpress 500 also told me that it can't convert, as i don't have format installed. Where do you get these?

Thank you
Vicki:help

Okay, do you have your Microsoft Passport account set up? If the ebook is a secure ebook, then you're going to need that set up at the Microsoft site.

Also, do a search for convertlit GUI. The latest version will do a decent job of removing the contents from the .lit file (either txt or html) and you can then run libprs500 against those files. If all else fails, you can try running it through BookDesigner.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Actually, it's not illegal in Canada. What you need to do is google "convertlit" and download it. Then run it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:16 AM   #4
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
I found I got the "invalid hook.dll" error with version 1.8, but using ConvertLit1.5 worked for me.
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:35 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Use ConvertLIT 1.5 to generate the key and then ConvertLIT 1.8 for everything else.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:56 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Use ConvertLIT 1.5 to generate the key and then ConvertLIT 1.8 for everything else.
Why can one not use 1.8 to generate the key file, Jon?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:05 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why can one not use 1.8 to generate the key file, Jon?
I'm note sure. But others have been saying there is some issue with 1.8 and th latest MS Reader that 1.5 works with. Personally, I've been using MS Reader 2.1.1 and ConvertLIT 1.8 with no problem. never did try 1.5.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #8
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Okay, do you have your Microsoft Passport account set up? If the ebook is a secure ebook, then you're going to need that set up at the Microsoft site.

Also, do a search for convertlit GUI. The latest version will do a decent job of removing the contents from the .lit file (either txt or html) and you can then run libprs500 against those files. If all else fails, you can try running it through BookDesigner.

Derek
Derek
Thank you for the reply. I did set up a Microsoft Passport account, and have convertlit Gui and Iibprs500. I think from your message, though, that I was trying to run them in the reverse order. Thank your for your help!
Vicki
Old 03-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #9
Victoria
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Actually, it's not illegal in Canada. What you need to do is google "convertlit" and download it. Then run it.
Oh fantastic! So we don't have to feel guilty - (even though we only want to read what we've bought for selves) Tks