Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #121
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@Nyn - you are like a kiwidude plugin poster child...
Yes I am, I admit it I am a plugin junkie.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #122
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post

@nyn, I can now see I don't use Calibre nearly as efficiently as I should. I'm really gonna have to sit down and determine what I want to accomplish with Calibre regarding my library management of my books. I'm not even close to be a power user as yourself.
I don't know about being a power user but I am definitely a organizational freak, I like everything ordered in a certain way and the saved searches and plugins help me to accomplish that with as little difficulty as possible.

The process is getting easier, of course Kiwidude keeps creating/changing plugins that make me think my way through changing the process, but I love it.
Advert
Old 06-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #123
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:

With regards to lists with removing items, see the attached screenshot. It is introducing the concept of a list type. So you can make:
  • a list that syncs only items not already on the device (default), or
  • a list that always syncs all of its contents (for people who modify their books and want them forced back onto the device each time), or
  • a list of books that you want removed from your device if they are present

For the first type of list, you will likely want "Clear this list after a sync" to be unchecked. For the second type you could go either way depending on what you want to do. For the third type you would probably want "Clear" to be checked.

Hopefully that will keep everyone happy. Just testing it at the moment and then will release it.
Squeeeee!!!!!!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #124
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:

With regards to lists with removing items, see the attached screenshot. It is introducing the concept of a list type. So you can make:
  • a list that syncs only items not already on the device (default), or
  • a list that always syncs all of its contents (for people who modify their books and want them forced back onto the device each time), or
  • a list of books that you want removed from your device if they are present

For the first type of list, you will likely want "Clear this list after a sync" to be unchecked. For the second type you could go either way depending on what you want to do. For the third type you would probably want "Clear" to be checked.

Hopefully that will keep everyone happy. Just testing it at the moment and then will release it.

CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #125
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.2.2 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Add a "list type" for each list, which allows syncing new only, all items, or removing items from device

I've described this a few posts above, to the rapturous icon applause of the girls so I won't repeat it here
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #126
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Changes in this release:
  • Add a "list type" for each list, which allows syncing new only, all items, or removing items from device

I've described this a few posts above, to the rapturous icon applause of the girls so I won't repeat it here
I think you have acquired some groupies....
Old 06-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #127
ligelowbee
ligelowbee will become famous soon enoughligelowbee will become famous soon enoughligelowbee will become famous soon enoughligelowbee will become famous soon enoughligelowbee will become famous soon enoughligelowbee will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Hello,
Just tried your new plugin options. I've been hoping for the "sync all" option (I like to muck about with my epubs). Unfortunately when I try to sync, manual or auto, I now get the following:

Code:
calibre, version 0.8.6
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'list' and 'set'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 523, in sync_now
  File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 565, in _sync_list
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'list' and 'set'
Cheers,
Lee

Last edited by ligelowbee; 06-20-2011 at 02:29 PM.
ligelowbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #128
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Changes in this release:

How about something more restrained this time...

The Brat is very pleased. Excellent work.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #129
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I just tried and had no problems. I added one book on to my "Sync Later" list and synced; all worked as expected.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #130
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Lee - Thanks for reporting that, I spent so long testing the "Remove" functionality I forgot to try the "Sync all". I will push a new version up shortly.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:49 PM   #131
kiwidude

v1.2.3 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Bug fix for "Sync all items" functionality
Old 06-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #132
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post

Hmm, I may be wrong but you seem a little ecstatic ...

kiwidude, thanks for all your hard work with this and all the other plug-ins

Last edited by Loosheesh; 06-20-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: missing word
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #133
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Hmm, I may be wrong but you seem a little ecstatic ...
A little. Kiwidude knows how to make me happy.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #134
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

I just noticed something. It took me until now because, as I mentioned before, I cleaned out the Kindle and I am just now getting around to reloading it in batches. The plan was to first hook up the Kindle so I can change the Collections configuration to match the changes I've made to my Library. Doing that, I learned that if you have a list set to sync on connect and Collections is set to Yes, it will run Collections even if that list is empty.

It's not a problem, but I just thought I'd mention it. I also apologize in advance if it was already mentioned and I missed it.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #135
kiwidude

I've seen someone else mention this - I haven't tried it for myself but I looked at the code (and I have again now) and it doesn't seem possible. Or at least it isn't "supposed" to happen since clearly for you it is. I'll try it tomorrow.