Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-01-2023, 02:57 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Kindle for iOS losing reading position

Of late, the iOS Kindle app has been frequently failing to restore correct reading location for books with audiobook companions: it just opens to some other position.

I have had taken to setting bookmarks before closing so I can pick up where I left off when this happens.

I even deleted and re-installed the app (which did fix a different issue I was having), and still it happens.

I've only got the books downloaded to this particular app instance, and am not using Audible app to listen to the audiobook.

I'm not having problems with non-Whisper sync for Voice books.

My theory is that it is restoring position of a different book that I'm reading with the app, but I need to remember to check that the next time it happens.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 05:07 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
It's fairly reproducible. For example, after (an immersion) reading session with one book, if you are at page 125, then open another book with audiobook companion, it opens to about page 125 on that book, with no prompt. I think it is actually picking up the audiobook 'time elapsed' and applying that as the reading position of the other book.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert