Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-20-2023, 03:00 AM   #1
Archina
Archina began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7th Generation
Creating Collections On Paperwhite 7th Gen

Hi all,

When I read my ebooks I like to put them into a folder by themselves but when I do this on my kindle it doesn't actually move over into that collection. It also stays in the main part.

My first kindle I got over 10 years ago I could do this. I was able to sort my ebooks into categories. It was great.

Can this be done on my kindle?

Thanks
Archina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 04:40 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archina View Post
Hi all,

When I read my ebooks I like to put them into a folder by themselves but when I do this on my kindle it doesn't actually move over into that collection. It also stays in the main part.

My first kindle I got over 10 years ago I could do this. I was able to sort my ebooks into categories. It was great.

Thanks
Your Kindle has collections. Collections are not directories. Collections are basically tags that the system use to organize into what might look like directories. But the eBook files are still where they were when you loaded them onto your Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2023, 06:54 PM   #3
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks
As you point out, it used to be that if you added a book to a collection it would not be on the home page anymore, if you sorted by collections. Sadly, it doesn't work like this anymore. It's my least favorite "improvement" in the latest firmware versions.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 04:21 AM   #4
Canis_lupus
Enthusiast
Canis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmos

Device: K2, K3, Touch, K5B, Voyage, PW4, Oasis 1, 2 & 3, PW5
If your Collection settings are “Show all in Library” change to “Show only in Collection view”.

Device Options - Advanced Options - Home & Library - Collections

Then in your library set the view from the three lines on the upper right side: Grid, List or Collections.

As been noted, collections don’t work the way they used.
Canis_lupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 02:35 AM   #5
Archina

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Your Kindle has collections. Collections are not directories. Collections are basically tags that the system use to organize into what might look like directories. But the eBook files are still where they were when you loaded them onto your Kindle.
Yea, I know they aren't directories.
Advert
Old 07-02-2023, 02:51 AM   #6
Archina

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
As you point out, it used to be that if you added a book to a collection it would not be on the home page anymore, if you sorted by collections. Sadly, it doesn't work like this anymore. It's my least favorite "improvement" in the latest firmware versions.

Shari
They broke something that wasn't broken.
Old 07-02-2023, 03:07 AM   #7
Archina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis_lupus View Post
If your Collection settings are “Show all in Library” change to “Show only in Collection view”.

Device Options - Advanced Options - Home & Library - Collections

Then in your library set the view from the three lines on the upper right side: Grid, List or Collections.

As been noted, collections don’t work the way they used.
Thank mate. It's a pain that they broke the system.
Old 07-02-2023, 10:36 AM   #8
Canis_lupus
Enthusiast
Canis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmos

Device: K2, K3, Touch, K5B, Voyage, PW4, Oasis 1, 2 & 3, PW5
Quote:
Thank mate. It's a pain that they broke the system.
I agree.
Canis_lupus is offline   Reply With Quote