Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
Fernie
Fernie began at the beginning.

Device: Astak
Maylong M-150 Tablet at Walgreens

Just saw the next week's Walgreens ad with this device: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/may...047418-product

FEATURES

•Google Android™
•LCD color touch-screen 7-inches
•Full Internet browsing capability
•Experience YouTube at your fingertips
•Easy access to emails
•Download and play games
•Includes digital music, video player and digital picture viewer
•Digital picture frame
•e-Book reader
•Download and install custom Google Android™ Applications
•Easy-to-understand user's manual

Sounds interesting for the price, if it really has access to Android Market.
Fernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
richardf
richardf began at the beginning.

Device: Maylong M-150
Specs are at Mylong.com, android 1.6, 125 ram, SD slot, restive screen. Cannot be as bad as Augen Gentouch and cheaper. I ordered one. 30 day return policy, maybe to store.
richardf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
marinjim
marinjim began at the beginning.

Device: maylong m-150
Here is a link to the Maylong site http://www.maylonggroup.com/M-150_MID.htm
marinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernie View Post
if it really has access to Android Market.
Where did you see it qualifies for Android Market? The advertised specifications specifications do not appear to qualify it for Market access. The Maylong site indicates it has an application to access an alternative Market site from AppBrain.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #5
Fernie
Fernie began at the beginning.

Device: Astak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Where did you see it qualifies for Android Market? The advertised specifications specifications do not appear to qualify it for Market access. The Maylong site indicates it has an application to access an alternative Market site from AppBrain.
Sorry, my bad. I thought custom application access meant that it allowed buying apps from the Market.
Fernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 07:05 PM   #6
richardf

I got a shipping conformation today, 10-18-2010, from Walgreens for the M-150.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:28 AM   #7
Jakie
Connoisseur
Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Blackberry playbook and Q10
it seems to be a basic generic flytouch adroid pad. They work fine, but don't expect it to replace the faster processors, or the graphic co processor android pads. It should work fine as an ebook reader. Mine does
Jakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #8
RainmanP
RainmanP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RainmanP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RainmanP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle for iPhone
I couldn't stand it so I took the plunge. If you decide to order be sure to get the coupon code for $5 off $30 or more. I also selected expedited shipping for a buck more. I really would like something like the coming Archos 70 running Android 2.2. For 100 bucks I will give this a try and either give it to my daughter or return it if it is too bad.
Raymond
RainmanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:59 AM   #9
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
If you got VM8505+ 400MHz CPU and 256MB of RAM then you can use one of the latest generic ROMs for it. Don't be fool these these devices can move if you tweak it and root it just right.
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:08 AM   #10
richardf

Here it is Tuesday morning and still waiting for it. TIPSTIR sounds like my new best friend for tweaking.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #11
RainmanP
RainmanP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RainmanP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RainmanP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle for iPhone
It is Wednesday evening. Has anyone received an actual tracking number from UPS, FEDEX, USPS?
RainmanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:07 AM   #12
Jakie
Connoisseur
Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Blackberry playbook and Q10
TIPSTER is well regarded in the android tablet circles! Slateroid, for example, has amazing rom upgrades for this type of device.
Jakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #13
richardf

I just received my Maylong M-150 at 3 p. m. I'm charging it now.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #14
richardf

received
Old 10-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #15
marinjim
marinjim began at the beginning.

Device: maylong m-150
I'm very interested in your impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardf View Post
I just received my Maylong M-150 at 3 p. m. I'm charging it now.
Richard, exciting! How long will it take for the initial charge?

Very interested in what you have to say especially about the responsiveness of the resistive screen. Also can the stylus be stored in the unit? Is the manual decent or poorly translated?

Keep us posted if you employ any of Tipstir's advice.

Last edited by marinjim; 10-21-2010 at 06:15 PM.
marinjim is offline   Reply With Quote