Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-21-2023, 01:24 AM   #1
readthinksurvive
Connoisseur
readthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmos

Device: kindle oasis; kobo elipsa/libra; pocketbook 741; SNA4X
Lightbulb KK3 broken, kindle, needy for sauna

Hello I would not have open new thread if more people talk about their ereaders in saunas (and steamrooms) around here!

Today =( my kk3 broke and I got it off ebay now I am looking for new Kindle for sauna + everyday usage, I want page then buttons but if it can't be then it can't be :\ which do you guys recommend?? Of course I will keep my kk3 in any case it can be repair, it was already added new battery after I purchased it about 2 years ago. (Still fresh!!) Most likely, the device has Reached it age, the screen literally FROZE and then some of the words on the screen blurred like if ink spilled 0.0 hmm!
What do you guy thimk??
Which Kindle good for me (PLS NO SCRIBE) and
which kindle good for sauna that you guys use? Pls whoever use in sauna describe your experiences and How long you had the device!!

EDIT: 6/21
Q_Q none of you guys answer the question so I’ll go with paper white (or wait for oasis 4 if it’s NOT small to hold dear Amazon pls be 8”) and get offbrand ereader for sauna purposes. ALSO! People take their phone in there all the time … eink get less hot then fire 7 and phones

Last edited by readthinksurvive; 06-21-2023 at 06:28 PM. Reason: NO ONE ANSWER MY QUESTION >:(
readthinksurvive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 02:21 AM   #2
Connoisseur
305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boox Leaf 7"
I would think a sauna exceeds the operating temperature of any ereader device out there
305869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 04:10 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by readthinksurvive View Post
which kindle good for sauna that you guys use?
There is no Kindle good for use in a sauna. There is no eInk Reader good for use in a sauna. Why do you feel you need to read in the sauna?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 10:29 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is no Kindle good for use in a sauna. There is no eInk Reader good for use in a sauna. Why do you feel you need to read in the sauna?
I guess it's boring staring at the steam? Maybe a clear box with a freezer pack and remote page turn of some kind?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 02:06 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I guess it's boring staring at the steam? Maybe a clear box with a freezer pack and remote page turn of some kind?
And when the remote page turner packs up? There is no solution that will work 100%.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 02:17 PM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I was thinking a lever inside the box operated by an outside magnet or something, or a photo sensor in the box, but not really a serious idea. The freezer pack might not last long enough...

A BT clicker won't survive a sauna!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 03:06 PM   #7
readthinksurvive
Connoisseur
readthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmos

Device: kindle oasis; kobo elipsa/libra; pocketbook 741; SNA4X
either way it lasted a long time in there!
readthinksurvive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 03:25 PM   #8
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305869 View Post
I would think a sauna exceeds the operating temperature of any ereader device out there
I think the high humidity makes it even worse.

But presumably an Oasis 2 or Oasis 3 would last considerably longer than a kindle keyboard.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brokw, kindle, kk3, sauna, steamroom