Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
How to stop images from doubling size?

First of all, I apologize if this has been asked before but I've not had any luck finding an answer to my problem. I've seen it discussed in several threads but no one has ever mentioned a fix. I'm really hoping this doesn't mean there isn't one.

Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the Kindle from doubling the size of a small image?

If you have a decent sized image, there is no problem at all. This is only seems to be an issue with smaller images. I guess I could always make my images half the size that I want them to be and then, when the Kindle doubles the size, they'd be correct, but the resolution would be so small that they'd look terrible when they were doubled.

I'm really not certain why the Kindle was designed this way or if this is some problem inherent to the mobi file system but I don't like it at all and would love to find some sort of work-around for it.
Is anyone aware of anything?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
- Byron Followell
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If you use hisrc the size is apparently not changed (I have not tested this myself). See Image support and display.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #3
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
If you use hisrc the size is apparently not changed (I have not tested this myself). See Image support and display.

OK.... thanks.

I've edited the code and changed the src tag to hisrc but it doesn't seem to work. Basically, my icon disappears altogether and I get nothing then. I guess you have to be smarter than the advice!

I guess I'll do my homework and start digging a little and teach myself some of this basic html stuff I've been putting off for years. I've needed to do this for a while now anyway.

Thanks again. I'm sure your advice will come in handy, once I'm smart enough to know how to use it!

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote