Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 12:18 AM   #76
Maj.Dragon
Maj.Dragon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Thank you

Just wanted to say thank you. I came here looking for a fix to my problem and through everything I read here was able to get what I needed. I received a Sony PRS-650 for Christmas but was unable to download the software when I initially hooked it up to my computer. (Still don't know why) Through this forum I found out I could download the soft ware from SonyStyle.ca, but also through this forum I found Calibre and this software is head and shoulders better [well actually it's head, shoulders, elbows, knees and toes better] then the software that Sony provides. Sony sure dropped the ball on that they have such a good product in the PRS-650 then follow it up with crappy software. With Calibre I was able to change file names and add information to the files and organise them the way I wanted and even change the format I put it onto my reader with and it downloaded onto the reader far quicker and without any freezing or gliches I found with the Sony Library. Again thanks to everyone here your doing a good thing
Maj.Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:35 AM   #77
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Welcome to the site, Maj. Dragon!

I have learned a lot here I never would have known, too!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #78
lollie
lollie began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi I have a sony prs600 and having problem downloading books from the sony site when i plug in my reader it says reader not responding any advice ??????
lollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #79
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollie View Post
Hi I have a sony prs600 and having problem downloading books from the sony site when i plug in my reader it says reader not responding any advice ??????
Can you still access the 600 as a usb drive? If not you might want to try a new / different usb cable or different usb port. It might be time to try a hard reset and format internal memory and start fresh.

Hopefully others can give you more specific advice.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #80
lollie

Hi Thanks for getting back to me but my usb port is fine it charges with no problems . If I did reset then I would lose all my books i have on there , I don't want to do that .
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #81
lollie

Hi I just realized that my sony reader will let me download books from the kobo site but when i try to download books from the sony reader store it keeps saying reader not responding anyone have any idead why ?????