Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-08-2010, 01:22 AM   #196
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Sony PRS-900 and PRS-300 - Riyadh Saudi Arabia.

PS: PRS-300 availability is subject to wife's permission
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #197
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
I can show off the Pocketbook 360 in the Central Valley of California (Modesto, Ripon, Manteca etc.). Just message me.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2010, 06:06 AM   #198
YoYo
YoYo began at the beginning.

Device: Astak ezreader pocket pro
Smile Melbourne, Australia

I have the Astak Pocket Pro. Lots of people are reading over my shoulder (while I am standing) on the 67 tram in the morning and they look impressed. Today I saw someone on the same tram reading a Kindle, hers looked nice but she didn't have the nice case that I got for free. She probably wasn't reading a library book either. I wanted to offer to compare the two but I was already at my stop.
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:44 AM   #199
Kate22689
Kate22689 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Kindle 2 in Phillipsburg, NJ

If anyone is interested in seeing a Kindle 2, I live in the Phillipsburg, NJ/Easton, PA area. Just send me a PM.

--Kate
Kate22689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #200
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
I can show you The Nook in Boston, MA M-F during lunch hours
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 06:25 AM   #201
Barlo
Barlo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX: NotionInk ADAM: QUE ProReader
I am looking for a hands on demo of a Kindle DX in the South Sydney region of Australia or a heads up of any stores they are on display at (though I am fairly sure only amazon sell them new)
Also any Aussies here may be interested to know that OfficeWorks now have a few nice 6" readers on display/sale in their stores now.
Barlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #202
NemoAU
NemoAU began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Anybody with PocketBook 360 in Melbourne, Australia? Would love to see it in reality ;-)

Don't have any e-readers to show off myself... Maybe just my HTC Desire smartphone with FBReader on it ? ;-)
NemoAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:33 AM   #203
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
Australia...

I had a look at the ones OfficeWorks are selling in Australia I was not impressed.

If anyone North Sydney, Central Coast up to Newcastle wishes to check out a PRS 600 and a Nook, just contact me... I would be happy to show them off :-)
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #204
NemoAU
NemoAU began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
Australia...

I had a look at the ones OfficeWorks are selling in Australia I was not impressed.
Offtop - but what particulary you did not like? I'm heading to OfficeWorks today during lunch time to check out that Pico Life W960 Ebook Reader ...
NemoAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:28 AM   #205
jessc
Enthusiast
jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle Paperwhite
I succumbed to the lure of the Pocketbook 360, so now have one I can show in the San Francisco Bay Area.
jessc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #206
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: None
Anyone in Montreal with anything other than a PRS505?
rahulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #207
katzenstreik
Winged Ape
katzenstreik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.katzenstreik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.katzenstreik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2i
Kindle 2i in Berlin, Germany - now with unrestricted internet access!

Just PM me in german or english.
katzenstreik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #208
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
London SW16
Kindle 2i
just PM me
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #209
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
LOL, I should've looked in this thread earlier, before I made my purchase.

But I seriously thought by the title that this thread was about which e-readers you could hook up (like plug in, use wifi, etc.) in which cafes so that you could make sure yours would work so you could "see" your device there while you're using it.

I've been wondering why that was so important that it'd be stickied!

I just thought everyone loved using their e-readers in cafes that much.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #210
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I love using my e-reader in starbucks
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demo, in person, meetup, show