Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Android Market Won't Download Apps (Fix)

Last night after downloading the updated Audible app from Market, I couldn't download anything else. The app looked like it was downloading but the progress bar never turned green and would soon disappear. No app to be found. I did the usual (clear cache / wipe data) and nothing helped. This morning I was going to uninstall and re-install. After Googling I discovered that signing into Google Talk should fix it. Turns out I was no longer signed into Talk. After signing in, Market worked.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Last night after downloading the updated Audible app from Market, I couldn't download anything else. The app looked like it was downloading but the progress bar never turned green and would soon disappear. No app to be found. I did the usual (clear cache / wipe data) and nothing helped. This morning I was going to uninstall and re-install. After Googling I discovered that signing into Google Talk should fix it. Turns out I was no longer signed into Talk. After signing in, Market worked.
according to Engadget the Android Marketplace was a bit funky yesterday. Rumors are because of the possible retooling of the marketplace and a possible Google Music as well.

Most think this is tied into today's Google Android announcement .
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
according to Engadget the Android Marketplace was a bit funky yesterday. Rumors are because of the possible retooling of the marketplace and a possible Google Music as well.

Most think this is tied into today's Google Android announcement .
Anything is possible. Seems that this issue is a common occurrence though.
The stuff that I Googled were dated 2009 and 2010.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Hey Scion here is the article. does it sound like what is happening to you?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/01/a...-tomorrows-e/#
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant

Yes, that was it! The article does note that one phone didn't have any issues. Who knows. It's just strange that people have resolved this issue by resetting the device, using another Google account, or signing in to Google Talk.
Advert
Old 02-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #6
questionfear
Connoisseur
questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
For some odd reason Google talk fixes all sorts of issues. I've noticed if push email stops on my Droid signing back into GTalk retriggers it.
questionfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #7
SCION
Séduisant

Just noticed that Google instruct us to login to Google Talk if unable to download apps.

See third bullet:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11-02-02-3.png
Views:	779
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	65945  
Old 02-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #8
emt
Nameless Being

Google Market is Changing to..

a web-based version at market.android.com so it's not surprising that there are some glitches. I just tried the web version (no login issues) and it's very smooth and fast (and it also has all of your downloaded/installed apps.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #9
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Device: NC Rooted
I'm having the same problems and logging into GT doesn't help nor does clearing my cache. I'm trying to update the program and see if that works but I suspect it's on their end, as the article says. I'll wait a day or so and try again.
rogerperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk View Post
I'm having the same problems and logging into GT doesn't help nor does clearing my cache. I'm trying to update the program and see if that works but I suspect it's on their end, as the article says. I'll wait a day or so and try again.
Try visiting market.android.com on your computer and see if you can re-install the file to your device.

Last edited by SCION; 02-02-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #11
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Try visiting market.android.com on your computer and see if you can re-install the file to your device.
Nope. I'm talking to the Market folks and I'll see what comes from that but right now NOTHING is downloading. Something wrong here. Maybe the changes in Google, maybe not.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #12
rogerperk
Connoisseur

I can't get anything to download and the Market guys are telling me to reformat. Not gonna happen quite yet. I'm looking for a virgin goat to sacrifice before I go that far. I understand some of you don't have a problem with doing that but every time I try something always goes wrong. I hate that!! I realize I'll have to eventually but not today. Maybe Saturday.