Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #61
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Mr Mathias, you "hate editing" .... may I be so bold to ask, ...why?
Old 09-20-2010, 01:55 PM   #62
M. R. Mathias
Banned
M. R. Mathias has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle k3, PC
I love that all the fools who come here to pay homage to the one who has grasped their attention still come slinging insults. Notice that all of you have been drawn to my little entertaining thread like ants to sugar. None of you has yet to actually point out an error in 'The Blood of Coldfrost', yet I bet some of you have at least read it.

Considering It has been downloaded almost a hundred times just on Smashwords and is posted on seven different forums and this sad little place is the only place where people are complaining, it makes me wonder.

This might just be the bottom of the barrel. The place where the scum settles and the pot calls the kettle black. The place where misery is so potent that it needs to drag me down into its company. Well, I'll not sink to the level of going into someone elses posted thread and posting a derogatory comment that could have been made in a PM like HarryT did. If he had any class or manners he would have PMed me that message, but he has neither, and probably never will.

Anyone who defends his lack of cooth has even less cooth than he. The only propper response is to say "Yes it was uncool for HarryT to do that publicly. It served no real purpose and it was unkind. He could have Pmed the man instead of trying to act superior." If you think anything else then you might want to take a look at how bitter and small you are.

I have to go check Amazon again. last time I checked I had 12 more sales of my varius titles.(from yesterday) It makes one wonder what all the people who see this, but are wise enough not to post, really think.

I mean, I bet none of you has ever produced a flawless document so to poke fun at someone elses mistakes makes you what? I'll tell you. It makes you less than trash.

To those who were cool and respectful and living the real world where commas and typoes actually exist. Thanks for your PMs I appreciate the support. These other clowns have joked themselves without even knowing it. If they knew who the other four Kindleboarders who they so blatantly disrespected were, then they would have stretch marks on their faces from the double foot insertion. I am laughing so hard I cant stand it.
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 02:11 PM   #63
M. R. Mathias
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Mr Mathias, you "hate editing" .... may I be so bold to ask, ...why?
Probably because a great editor is rarely even a good author, and vice-versa.

Note: My Karma has tripled in the last day... Why is that?
Old 09-20-2010, 02:37 PM   #64
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. R. Mathias View Post
This might just be the bottom of the barrel. The place where the scum settles and the pot calls the kettle black. The place where misery is so potent that it needs to drag me down into its company.
Thanks for letting us know exactly what you think of mobileread. Good to know.

As far as I'm concerned,
Old 09-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #65
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
None of you has yet to actually point out an error in 'The Blood of Coldfrost', yet I bet some of you have at least read it.
That is because the error in "The Blood of Coldfrost" is the words.
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #66
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If they knew who the other four Kindleboarders who they so blatantly disrespected were, then they would have stretch marks on their faces from the double foot insertion.
And I'm betting that they are nobodies that none of us would have ever heard of. Or even if they were "known", the four of them put together with you tossed in for good measure wouldn't have half the earned respect that HarryT has. HarryT is-- as they say-- a gentleman and a scholar. I've seen no sign of either from you.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #67
M. R. Mathias
Banned

The same fools.

@ queentess I didn't say that Mobilereads was the bottom. I said the people who keep coming here to this thread I posted to do nothing but be derogatory are the stuff that sinks to the bottom of the barrell. You last two posters should be ashamed of yourselves. Find something else to do. Like read a book. Lmao.

If you read something else maybe I need an editor.... LMAO

Who keeps raising my karma up? It was like 25 yesterday.

Last edited by M. R. Mathias; 09-20-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:05 PM   #68
M. R. Mathias
Banned

@ Ardeegee Well one of them is Nick Spalding. Have you heard of him? The others I will keep to myself until your whole leg is in your slimy throat.

Last edited by M. R. Mathias; 09-20-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #69
M. R. Mathias
Banned

If you want to see what I think of Mobilereads go here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99100

Note the posting times please.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #70
some call me tim
Connoisseur
some call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra
Wow, I came into this thread not knowing anything about you or your work, but you've successfully convinced me to never buy any of your books.

I know editing can be a pain, but grammar and punctuation matter. It's funny you noted Cormac McCarthy because he's a great example of how a good story gets muddled by a lack of following the rules. I think McCarthy is a good writer in essence, but his determination to not use basic punctuation adds nothing to the story and just comes off being arrogant and pretentious.

I'm sure your novel is fine having had the benefit of editing, but your attitude of "grammar comes second" is sure to rub people the wrong way. We're all readers here and therefore have a love of the language. Sometimes writers can step out of the rules of grammar and punctuation, but one of the earliest lessons I learned about writing is that you "learn to work within the established rules before you can break them."
Old 09-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #71
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I have never read any of your work, and probably never will. You will say that is my loss, and it may be, but your attitude has completely turned me off. If you write stories like you write your posts then you probably tend to be very lengthy and wordy. I came into this thread as a neutral bystander, but YOU are the one who keeps going off on rants about everything that is said. I will tell you what I told my own kids and the kids at school, "Ignore them".

I don't always agree with HarryT, but respect that he has a right to an opinion, just as you do. Maybe this whole thing could have been avoided with an "Ok, thanks" and then just ignoring his words (like we all used to do to our parents)?
Old 09-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #72
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

Quote:
The same fools.

@ queentess I didn't say that Mobilereads was the bottom. I said the people who keep coming here to this thread I posted to do nothing but be derogatory are the stuff that sinks to the bottom of the barrell. You last two posters should be ashamed of yourselves.
There are plenty of bad self-published writers here on Mobileread-- most of them aren't being attacked. Don't you wonder why? Mostly, people are being polite. But when an author attacks even the mildest of critics? That's one of the very most off-putting, bad looking, crass thing an author can possibly do.
It. Makes. You. Look. Bad.
It. Makes. You. Look. Petty.
It. Makes. You. Look. Like. A. Rank. Amateur.
It makes you look, yes, shameful.

And it makes people's gloves come off.

Quote:
Who keeps raising my karma up? It was like 25 yesterday.
You can look at your User CP to see that. And you'll note that most of your new karma actually came from me, for you being a good sport about my dig on your drug trafficking arrest.

Quote:
@ Ardeegee Well one of them is Nick Spalding. Have you heard of him?
Yeah, he's another self-published author here on Mobileread. Never looked at his book one way or another, but I read this "interesting" review yesterday:

http://digitalspotlightfictionreview...ings-life.html
Old 09-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #73
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
This thread has run its course. I am going to close it now and I ask everyone who is not familiar with our rules yet to review our guidelines, specifically the part on discussing things politely. I don't think it's too much to ask to follow these rules, and if you cannot agree with them, don't post. Thank you.

Alex
Moderation Team
Closed Thread