Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-31-2012, 05:36 AM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Wrong sort order when slash (/) in ebook name

I'm just maintaining my libraries and I've found a very strange thing.

If the ebook name contains slash symbol, it does not order names well. As shown in image. Other way, putting date as "2011 04" sort is ok.

I do not know if I'm missing something or if this is a bug or a limitation in sorting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calbad.png
Views:	261
Size:	314.6 KB
ID:	89970  
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:44 AM   #2
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yum!!!!

Just noticed it sorts as Date by Name. That is: 2010/11 is November 2011, and sort as "November 2011" instead of numeric 2011/11 string!!!

Any way to change this? Or better, having it sorted by Year/Name? For example:

January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
January 2012
Advert
Old 07-31-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
One way you might try is to use . instead of /

etc.
Or even a -

2011-11
2011-12
2010-08
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
rfog
Guru

Currently I'm using "Analog SFF yyyy mm" for single numbers and "Analog SFF yyyy mm-mm for double ones.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I had posted my solution in thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=147560
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert