Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
Grady Hendrix
Grady Hendrix began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
iTunes upload error message

Okay, I have NO idea what this means. I was using iTunes Producer to upload an epub that I made with Caliber and it says:

"ERROR ITMS-9000: "element "em" from namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" not allowed in this context" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)"

Any thoughts? Because I'm lost.
Grady Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady Hendrix View Post
Okay, I have NO idea what this means. I was using iTunes Producer to upload an epub that I made with Caliber and it says:

"ERROR ITMS-9000: "element "em" from namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" not allowed in this context" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)"

iTunes???
what does Flightcrew check in Sigil say about your EPUB?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:

Do you have an emdash somewhere in the title, author or description, or even the TOC. I do not believe they can be in any of these places.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:40 AM   #4
Grady Hendrix
Grady Hendrix began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Hmm...I'll check the em dash thing. I'm wondering if it might be because when I coded the original HTML file I used <em> </em> for italics. Maybe it doesn't like that?

And as for iTunes - iTunes Producer is what you have to use to upload an ebook to the iBookstore. It's very awkward, but I don't like what the Smashwords meatgrinder does to my epub files.
Grady Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:12 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Hmm...I'll check the em dash thing. I'm wondering if it might be because when I coded the original HTML file I used <em> </em> for italics. Maybe it doesn't like that?

And as for iTunes - iTunes Producer is what you have to use to upload an ebook to the iBookstore. It's very awkward, but I don't like what the Smashwords meatgrinder does to my epub files.
<em> is emphasis
&mdash; is emdash
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
<em> is emphasis
&mdash; is emdash
Yes, my error. But the em is illegal in all the same places.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote