Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 06:36 AM   #1
BBel
Enthusiast
BBel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (white cos I like it better!)
Content locked after upgrade

So I ran the upgrade successfully, all seems to be ok, no brick here yet. However my DRM epubs are coming up content locked. I opened ADE and it prompted to authorise my device I clicked ok, it happened instantly so I ejected and opened up and still locked.
When I open ADE I no longer have the option of authorising my device.
Any suggestions, I'm, on Mac if that matters.
I do have access to a PC but I don't have ADE on that yet.
Thanks......
BBel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Kobo told me to open ADE and then de-authorize the computer (on PC control+shift+d) and then reauthorize (you will be prompted). Then, with the Kobo plugged in to de-authorize the Kobo with ADE open (control+shift+e). Unplug the Kobo. Close ADE. Plug in the Kobo, open ADE, and authorize the device.

I did it, and initially seemed to work but then he problem reoccurred and had to do it again. Still waiting to hear from Kobo (wrote to them again yesterday) with another idea, but it may work for you.

In the meantime, syncing works and fixes the problem of unlocking the books--but who wants to sync every time we buy a new book? If you go this route, manually remove the locked version first.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert