Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-28-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
midtoad
midtoad began at the beginning.

Kobo eReader is shipping!

I just received notification that my Kobo eReader has shipped. Chapters / Indigo website says they will ship in May, so this is good news.

Time for a new sub-forum?

midtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Mine is on the way too. Got notification today. It'd be nice to get Calibre support. Wonder if that's coming soon. I guess someone has to submit the device specs to Kovid but I certainly don't know how to do that...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
see http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...pported-in-app
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
This device can easily go in the netronix sub-forum.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
This device can easily go in the netronix sub-forum.

Dale
Then people who are looking for Kobo will not be able to find it. How about we put Kobo in a Kobo forum?
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by midtoad View Post
Time for a new sub-forum?
Yes, working on it. It should be announced very soon now.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:44 PM   #7
BongoBong
Enthusiast
BongoBong is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Bah, mine hasnt been shipped yet and i didnt order express shipping. Apparently the stores get them on May 1st. I may just cancel and buy from the store then since I guess mine won't come untill sometime next week.
BongoBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #8
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
My shipping notice came this afternoon, but no tracking number just yet. I expect it will show up Monday or Tuesday.

I ordered on 30 March, not exactly one of the first.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
BongoBong
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoBong View Post
Bah, mine hasnt been shipped yet and i didnt order express shipping. Apparently the stores get them on May 1st. I may just cancel and buy from the store then since I guess mine won't come untill sometime next week.
Just after posting this I received an email that mine has been shipped!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:42 PM   #10
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Just was looking at the comparison chart here:

http://www.koboereader.com/comparisons.html

and was wondering what the attraction was for this ereader?

Seems to have very limited format support.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:45 PM   #11
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
The attraction is that it only costs $150
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #12
BongoBong
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
The attraction is that it only costs $150
yup. 150 for a 6 inch screen. Plus it looks real nice.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:11 AM   #13
rsk
rsk began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Neo/Onyx Boox 60
6" reading device at $150 sounds great !!

Curious to know about keyboard. The spec doesnt talk about it in kobo site.
Does this mean it is sort of "read-only" ebook?
rsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:42 AM   #14
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
This is a great device for $150! Does it come with any kind of hard cover? I couldn't find anything on the website.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:32 AM   #15
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
According to the website, it was in stores yesterday as had been stated earlier. There are 6 at the Indigo store at Mt Sinai, 34 at the Eaton Centre, 44 at Manulife Centre ... looks like all stores have a good opening stock.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo