Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 10-15-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Lao-Tzu: The Sayings of Lao-Tzu (Tr. Giles) v1, 16 Oct 2007.

Another translation of the Taoist classic, this time in prose, with an introduction, notes and section headings. .

[For an alternative translation see Lao-Tse: The Tao Teh King (Tr. Legge) which was uploaded earlier.]

Copyright Notice
Scanned at sacred-texts.com, September 2006. Proofed and Formatted by John Bruno Hare. This text is in the public domain in the United States because it was published prior to January 1st, 1923. These files may be used for any non-commercial purpose, provided this notice of attribution is left intact in all copies.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:59 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
And very readable in contrast to other translations. Thank you.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
Stanart
Addict
Stanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the rough

Device: Handspring Visor, Sony PRS-500 Reader
Patricia - thanks for doing these two Tao books. I was thinking of doing them myself. One of my favorite books is the version of the Tao De Jing by Stephen Mitchell, which is available on Sonny Connect. I don't have the ebook version but do have a couple of pbook copies. Mitchell's version may not be so literally translated but is beautifully poetic.
Stanart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:11 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Does anybody have any idea about the copyright status of the Mitchell translation which Stanart recommends? It seems to date from 1988, yet is freely available - I found two links from the Wikipedia article on the Tao Te Ching.

I would quite happily post a version but don't want to violate the author's copyright. But if he's made the work available then I'll make a copy.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote