Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
MichaelJScott
Zealot
MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Beginning of a 2nd American Civil War...

It all starts with a plot to assassinate the next President on Inauguration Day.

Jefferson’s Road: The Spirit of Resistance is the first mile in the Jefferson’s Road series: dystopic thrillers about the crumbling of America. Taking its cue from Thomas Jefferson’s call to refresh the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants, it chiefly concerns the break-out of widespread civil unrest in the United States due to the instability of America’s social systems and the entrenched political bureaucracy.

The story begins with Peter Baird arguing with his brother Martin, a Marine wounded outside of Tikrit, about whether or not they should take action against the government. Martin is determined to spark a new Civil War by assassinating the President on Inauguration Day. Despite Peter’s objections, Martin steamrolls ahead, dragging Peter along with him. Fearful for his brother’s life and stunned by his own surprising skill with an assault rifle, Peter tries to stop him from going down Jefferson’s road to revolution. Can Peter stop his brother’s madness before it’s too late, or will he himself pull the trigger?

Called frighteningly feasible and chillingly realistic, Jefferson’s Road explores the implications of violent rhetoric on both sides of the political aisle, and takes this rhetoric to its logical, disastrous conclusion.
____
Jefferson’s Road: The Spirit of Resistance
Smashwords edition
or, available in paperback (gasp! On a Kindle forum?!) from CreateSpace

Last edited by MichaelJScott; 03-26-2011 at 07:37 PM.
MichaelJScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Hi, Michael, welcome to Mobile Read!

Your book sounds interesting; do you have any plans to offer it anywhere else than Amazon? There are loads of us who do not have Kindles (This is not a Kindle forum; it is a forum for all kinds of ereaders including but by no means limited to Kindles.) and choose for a wide variety of reasons not to use the Kindle app or purchase from Amazon.

For example, Smashwords (www.smashwords.com) will let you convert your file into all of the most common formats so everyone can enjoy your work. I honestly don't know much about that end of it, but there is a very active author's forum here, and I'm sure they will be able to answer any of your questions there.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
MichaelJScott
Zealot
MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi MmavisO!

Sorry about that - I'm still getting the hang of this.

The book is available on Smashwords. You can find it here.

Thanks for calling my attention to that!

(I updated the previous post to include a link as well.)
Old 03-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Fantastic! I've added it to my cart for my next shopping spree.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Thanks! I hope you like it!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
I will give them a look too thanks and good luck
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:10 AM   #7
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Thanks, Billjr13 (Love the Calvin avatar!).
Old 04-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #8
MichaelJScott
Zealot

I received a solid criticism from my writing group the other day, and it looks like Patriots and Tyrants will be delayed a little bit while I figure out how to rewrite the chapter. It's not a big deal, but I feel like I've been skating by for a while, so it's good to hear someone say, "WTF?! I think you coulda done better with this." Actually, it's a high compliment: a) for its rarity, and b) for the belief that yes, I can do better.

I haven't touched it yet, but I'll need to produce something soon for the group. We meet next Wednesday, so I want to have it ready. Nothing like a little procrastination to get me motivated!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:30 AM   #9
MichaelJScott
Zealot

I think I'll be able to have Patriots and Tyrants ready by the end of the month.

[Self-Promoting wrong book - MODERATOR]

Also, I have a new one in the works. I've been at it less than a month, and I'm closing in on 27,000 words. I think I'll be able to release it by the end of June.

This is shaping up to be a very productive year for me!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-25-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:20 AM   #10
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Are these going to also be available at B&N as well?
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:43 AM   #11
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Yes, via Smashwords. But you should be able to get it through Barnes and Noble's website once Smashwords finishes converting the file.

The Coppersmith should also be available, but I have a glitch to fix in the file first.

I plan on releasing all my independent books this way.

Thanks for asking!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:36 AM   #12
MichaelJScott
Zealot

As of now, I'm waiting to hear back from a reviewer-friend regarding Patriots and Tyrants, but barring any major changes, it should be up and running by the end of the month. I want to give her a chance to get back to me first, though.

[Self-Promoting wrong book - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-25-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:43 AM   #13
MichaelJScott
Zealot

I haven't convinced him to leave a review just yet, but this is what a reader sent me the other day about Jefferson's Road: The Spirit of Resistance:

"I gotta say, you've "snared" me. I think you've done a great job not just telling a compelling story that is well-written, but I think the hook is the character development. (Maybe it's all that together?) A good book helps you feel connected to the characters in some way, (especially?) on an emotional level, too. I think you've done that! (I can't just read one chapter ... I want to know what happens next! And I think that's not just the story, I do think you've done a good job helping me care.)

So... good work!"
Old 06-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #14
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Just got back from vacation, looking over Independence Hall in Philly, Valley Forge, and Gettysburg. Really brought to mind what our forefathers suffered to bring us this nation.

I know Jefferson's Road is just fiction (thank God!), but seeing the battle field and those historic places where we struggled for freedom makes me think about the current struggle against tyranny that my book just toys around with. It's pretty scary stuff, when you come right down to it. I understand a little better (not that I didn't before) why this book is so frightening to those who read it. It's the plausibility of it all. My hope is that we can turn this country around before things ever get too far. In the meantime, JR gives a glimpse of what might happen if we don't.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #15
MichaelJScott
Zealot

At my nephew's graduation party the other day, I gave him a copy of The Spirit of Resistance in hardcover (he's a new writer I've been mentoring, sort of), with a nice little note inside about how I was looking forward to seeing his work in print - that sort of thing. Got the biggest surprise myself when my sister spied the book and kissed me on the cheek saying, "We've been so desperate to read this!" I resisted the urge to point out that she coulda bought the book, or even said something sooner and I'd have given her a copy. Didn't even know she was that interested!

She called me the next day and said, "You know how some books you just have to kinda force yourself to turn the page, because it's like slogging your way through mud, and everything just drags along?" "Uh yeah." I'm thinking, 'Uh oh.' She says, "This isn't one of them." She's already read through the first three chapters and hasn't been able to put it down. I don't think my nephew has even had a chance to crack the binding yet. Oh well. I'm glad she's enjoying it!