Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #16
rstevenson
rstevenson began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, etc.
You folks seem to be missing the point of my original problem. (Maybe you didn't bother to read the whole thread.) I didn't say I wanted to edit the HTML in Sigil, nor did I do any such editing. I didn't say I wanted to save the file as HTML. I said I imported the HTML file into Sigil, and that I had a problem figuring out how to save it. That's all I asked about, and I got the answer.

Rob
rstevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:43 PM   #17
Faster
Connoisseur
Faster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS 650
Hi, I'm not getting into any arguments re. what this thread is about but maybe I can help a little with this point in future:
"I couldn't find a way to add separate html files to my project in Sigil, so I put them all together into one huge html page and Opened that in Sigil."
Try a right click on the Text folder in the left panel of Sigil and choose 'Add Existing Items'.
Browse to your html files and select all of them then click Open.
You may need to rearrange the order by dragging files up or down.
Faster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2011, 04:08 PM   #18
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
If you opened the HTML file in Sigil, it can't do just Save, because it only has the name of the HTML file, not a name for an epub file. You need to use Save As to be able to provide an epub file name.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #19
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
One way to import HTML to Sigil is to right click on Section0001.xhtml that is produced automatically when you open the file. There are some choices.

Add existing will add any existing html file you have.
Add new will create a new empty Section0002.xhtml file. You can then click it and add existing again.

You can do the same thing for CSS files. You can also add existing images, Fonts the same way.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #20
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
If you opened the HTML file in Sigil, it can't do just Save, because it only has the name of the HTML file, not a name for an epub file. You need to use Save As to be able to provide an epub file name.
like he said - no need to write a book about it - accept it & move on.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
error message, html, save