Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
dontpanic
Edge User

Book Lists Wanted

We could use some help merchandising our e-book store. Post a list of six of your favorite books that follow a theme (and are in our store) and we may feature you and your books in a widget on the store site accessible over the internet and through the enTourage eDGE and Pocket eDGe. This will be an ongoing thing so keep telling us what you like!

Here's an example:

Tom's Post Apocalyptic Favorites

Oryx and Crake, Margaret Atwood
Galapagos, Kurt Vonnegut
The Road, Cormac McCarthy
World War Z, Max Brooks
The Postman, David Brinn
and controversially...Brave New World, Aldous Huxley

Old 11-23-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
StevenP
Edge User

Steve's Epic Fantasy Favorites

The Eye of the World: Book One of 'The Wheel of Time' - Robert Jordan
The Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson
Mistborn: The Final Empire - Brandon Sanderson
The Sword of Shannara Trilogy - Terry Brooks
Kingdoms and the Elves of the Reaches - Robert Stanek
Crown of Vengeance - Stephen Zimmer

Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
kenjennings
Edge User

Ken's List-O-Geekware

Professional Android 2 Application Development, Reto Meier

Advanced UNIX Programming, Marc J Rochkind

Unix Power Tools, Jerry Peek; Shelley Powers; Tim O'Reilly; Mike Loukides

Solaris Application Programming, Gove, Darryl

Linux System Programming, Robert Love

Programmers' Guide To NCurses, Dan Gookin

Programming with Qt, Matthias Kalle Dalheimer

Last edited by kenjennings; 02-14-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #4
dontpanic
Edge User

Okay, good start. StevenP...you get the first widget placement. Kenjennings gets the second one. We are working on putting the first one together now.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
NiaTrue
Edge User

NiaTrue's List of History-makers & History Tellers

"Stones Into Schools" by Greg Mortenson
"Of Thee I Sing" by Barack Obama
"The Grand Design" by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow
"The Warmth of Other Suns" by Isabel Wilkerson
"Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell

Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
borisb
Edge User

Congrats, StevenP! Your book list is live on the enTourage eBook store page: http://www.entourageedge.com/e-books.html. Nice!

Old 11-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #7
StevenP
Edge User

Awesome! I hope it gets some people to investigate these books.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #8
StevenP
Edge User

Looks like the eBook store got hit again! Two of my recommended titles in my book list are gone. Both are Brandon Sanderson books one of which will be made into a move (Mistborn Trilogy). This is unfortunate since there were two more books by him I wanted to get and I really think other people would enjoy them his works. What happened here? I was hoping the J. R. R. Tolkein books, too.

As a side note, Entourage should look into selling from some independent publishers like Ridan Publishing (http://www.ridanpublishing.com/) I am reading a series of books by Michael J. Sullivan that seem to appeal to a lot of people.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:17 AM   #9
borisb
Edge User

You can forward things like this to sales@entourageedge.com.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #10
StevenP
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
You can forward things like this to sales@entourageedge.com.
Thanks, I'll probably send them an email. I posted it here because I figured dontpanic would read this here.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #11
borisb
Edge User

enTourage staff generally don't have time to read the (or respond to) posts from my understanding (they're busy with developing, selling, and answering tech support phone calls and emails, after all! ).

If something is critical to you, contacting enTourage directly will ensure a timely response. Posting here illicits only occasional responses from staff (maybe because other forum users give the right answer quicker?).

Old 01-15-2011, 03:54 AM   #12
amartyn57
Edge User

here is a question call me a nerd but how come harry potter isnt in any ebook store. i have looked on the kindle's, the nooks, entourage's and there is nothing does anyone have a reasoning. i would think that since it is such a popular series they would have it id rather carry around my edge that is half the size of the book!!

Old 01-15-2011, 05:12 AM   #13
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amartyn57 View Post
here is a question call me a nerd but how come harry potter isnt in any ebook store. i have looked on the kindle's, the nooks, entourage's and there is nothing does anyone have a reasoning. i would think that since it is such a popular series they would have it id rather carry around my edge that is half the size of the book!!
There are a lot of Harry Potter books in epub with DRM. I don't know what country you are from, but in The Netherlands on Bol.com you can purchase them (also in english). Download the book on your PC and then copy to the eDGe as mentioned in the Helpfile. Be sure you have the same Adobe-ID on your devices. Hope this helps you.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:01 AM   #14
sarah11918
Edge User

Hmm.. I went to make my list, but the book in my cart that was going to set the tone for the list is no longer available on the site. (I already have the book in paper form, but was going to purchase electronically because I have to give a seminar and won't be home first.)

It's actually still showing in my cart, but the link (I was going to provide links in my list) leads nowhere, and the book doesn't show up in search.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #15
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amartyn57 View Post
It was once explained to me that re-publishing past books in ebook form generally requires re-negotiating the publication rights (read: time & $$$) with the copyright holder. A valuable asset like the Potter series gives the copyright holder significant leverage, so it could be JKR is demanding too much. Then there's the individual distribution rights to negotiate with each country, too. Books being published today tend to come out in eBook form immediately. In time, the back catalog of books will slowly hit the eshelves, as I've observed with a few books I've waited for over the past year.