Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #1051
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
install jailbreak bridge and rescue pack.

Update. to version 5.3.6.

Reinstall rescue pack (I believe)

Reinstall developer certs

Reinstall kindlet jailbreak.

Run KUAL.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #1052
frankeinstein992
frankeinstein992 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi!
KUAL worked for me perfectly on my Kindle Touch while I was using the 5.3.2.1 firmware. Since I upgraded to the 5.3.7, the Launcher says that the Kindlet Jailbreak is not installed. Can someone describe me step-by-step, what should I do?
frankeinstein992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #1053
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Reinstall the kindlet jailbreak. Lab126 sort of hate us, so they remove as many hacks as possible in updates. You may have to re-jailbreak as well; ixtab will know for sure.

EDIT: You do need to jailbreak again, unless you installed te jailbreak bridge before updating.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...06&postcount=1

Last edited by icantbebothered; 09-04-2013 at 07:27 AM.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #1054
frankeinstein992
frankeinstein992 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I tried to reinstall the devcerts and the kindlet jailbreak from the prerequisites zip file, but i can't because the Update Your Kindle option is not active in the Settings menu.
frankeinstein992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #1055
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
I mean thejailbreak jailbreak, not the kindlet jailbreak. See the link I posted before.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #1056
Sideromelane
FYIAD
Sideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
So I understand you correctly:

You want A) KUAL to launch "At boot", then B) to relaunch when you... The next part I am shaky on. Exit the book manager?

You mean like shutdown? or something?

Do you mean relaunch when you stop reading a book?
Sounds like A) is feasible. That would just be a little script.

I'm not sure on the details of B) so can't say for sure. but most things are possible.

As to that be the goal of the project, not really as we use the Amazon kindlet structure as a framework to run from.

However if you outline more clearly what B) might be I could have a peek at it for you.
Did you check out... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=15 perhaps just making it a "one button" firing process would meet your needs.
Yeah. See, the KUAL launcher would make a decent 'desktop' application. Like, with a phone, you don't close the dialer and return to your contacts list, then choose a modified contact in order to get into all the OTHER stuff the phone does, you return to a desktop interface to choose what you want to do - thats what I would like to see KUAL doing, acting as a desktop interface from which you launch applications and the book viewer etc.
Sideromelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #1057
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideromelane View Post
Yeah. See, the KUAL launcher would make a decent 'desktop' application. Like, with a phone, you don't close the dialer and return to your contacts list, then choose a modified contact in order to get into all the OTHER stuff the phone does, you return to a desktop interface to choose what you want to do - thats what I would like to see KUAL doing, acting as a desktop interface from which you launch applications and the book viewer etc.
So if we where to add buttons to the KUAL menu for all of the Kindle's "standard" features -
And then you never saw Amazon's menus again -
Is that what you want - no Amazon menus in sight, anywhere?

Just the KUAL folding menu system, configured in user-storage space, editable by the user, as the top-level (and only) menu system on the Kindle?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #1058
CyKoDeLiC
CyKoDeLiC began at the beginning.

Hi there, I've got a problem with KUAL. Every program I try to run it only shows: "syntax program/menu.json"

And if I click on it, it only shows me on the top: "more info in KUAL log". I have a Kindle 4 with 4.1.1, jailbroken and installed dev certs and kindlet jailbreak. KUAL v1 is installed, cause v2 doesn't work, it gives me an error for installing a higher firmware on my kindle, to run it.

Any help here? Pleeease?

Last edited by CyKoDeLiC; 09-06-2013 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Edit.
CyKoDeLiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #1059
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyKoDeLiC View Post
Hi there, I've got a problem with KUAL. Every program I try to run it only shows: "syntax program/menu.json"

And if I click on it, it only shows me on the top: "more info in KUAL log". I have a Kindle 4 with 4.1.1, jailbroken and installed dev certs and kindlet jailbreak. KUAL v1 is installed, cause v2 doesn't work, it gives me an error for installing a higher firmware on my kindle, to run it.

Any help here? Pleeease?
What is the content of the KUAL log?

Just attach it to your next post, we will read it for you.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #1060
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@CyKoDeLiC

right. sounds like an old extension with an extra comma...

Self help:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=778

From SUPPORT READ THIS ONCE:
The new KUAL v2.x series is less forgiving of BROKEN syntax in extension menu.json files... If you find any let us know and we will try to contact the author to get them fixed "at source", there are very helpful details all about the new KUAL error reporting mechanisms and what to do about the issues HERE:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=778
Old 09-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #1061
CyKoDeLiC
CyKoDeLiC began at the beginning.

Yeah thank you, but how can I get KUAL v2.2 to work on my Kindle 4?
CyKoDeLiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #1062
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
What did you find when you followed the directions twobob linked you to?

Where is the content of the KUAL log you where asked to post?

None of our crystal balls are on-line and we can not see over your shoulder, only you can provide the required information.
PLEASE.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #1063
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@CyKoDeLiC: By reporting/fixing the exact extension it's failing to parse .

With properly formatted stuff, it works like a charm on a K4 (that's my second most used device behind the PW).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #1064
twobob

Quote:
by removing the extra comma in the extension.

As you can see when you read that link I sent you the button with the LARGE DOT is attempting to guide you to the error.

There were 5 or 6 extensions that made it into the wild before the strict formatting update of the KUAL 2.x series. "Breaking" changes are never great but meh, it's what happened.

So yeah, fix the extensions. The error should show you more or less where it is.

Or copy the kual log here and we'll have a look.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #1065
Sideromelane
FYIAD
Sideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
So if we where to add buttons to the KUAL menu for all of the Kindle's "standard" features -
And then you never saw Amazon's menus again -
Is that what you want - no Amazon menus in sight, anywhere?

Just the KUAL folding menu system, configured in user-storage space, editable by the user, as the top-level (and only) menu system on the Kindle?
Yeah... Am I being really dumb here?
Sideromelane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified