Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 10-13-2008, 06:18 AM   #1
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Buchan, John: Pilgrim's Way.v2, 13 Oct 2008

This book, also known as Memory Hold The Door, is a series of autobiographical recollections by the noted Scottish/British author John Buchan. His other writings are numerous, including The 39 Steps, Greenmantle, Mr. Standfast as well as many histories and historical novels. He knew many people active on the political and social scene during his life and this book includes sketches of his contact with them and well as his assessment of their personalities and contributions.

It also includes a section called Pilgrim's Rest which is a reflection on one of his favorite hobbies: fishing. It is only partially completed, having been found among his papers at the time of his death in 1940.

This book is said to have been a favorite of the American President, John F. Kennedy. I personally would ascribe this to the fact that although Buchan was ill with severe digestive trouble for much of his life, he remained active in Parliament and continued to write his many books. JFK was similarly troubled, yet he too remained active until his death in office.

As Buchan died in 1940, this work is out of copyright in Canada, but probably still in copyright elsewhere.

14 Oct added Greek for Harry - put in footnotes to keep it from running all over the place as text is zoomed.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Pilgrim's Way.lrf (293.9 KB, 554 views)

Last edited by mrmikel; 10-14-2008 at 06:35 AM. Reason: update with greek text
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
In this version I have made no attempt to include a few lines which were in Greek characters, but which are not critical to the narrative. I may do so in a subsequent version.
The best way to do that, in my experience, is to include them as a graphic in the book. That works very well.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's Greek to me

I figured that would be what I would have to do. Otherwise, I would have to embed a font with whatever complications that would impose.

Also, not reading, writing or speaking Greek, I could have a heck of a time making sure I was selecting the right character.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:54 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I do read Greek, so I like having that kind of thing in a book .
Old 10-14-2008, 06:43 AM   #5
mrmikel
Color me gone

As per your request

Hope I got it right both on the Greek and the updating. At least there isn't another separate one. As noted I put the Greek, only 3 instances, into footnotes...one was a footnote already.

There are still, lamentably, a number of French words which I have not put the various accents on. But the source of this work required hours of cleanup so that went first.

I put translations of the Latin, when I could find them and it didn't interrupt the narrative into [brackets].
Advert
Old 10-14-2008, 07:29 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thanks!