Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #76
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by glendalekid View Post
With the "new and improved" Overdrive design, it has become more complicated to check out books.

First you click on "borrow". This gives you a pop-up that tells you the book is now on your bookshelf. Close that. Click on the "go to bookshelf" link.

The book you just checked out will be in the upper left-hand corner. Next to the cover photo there maybe a green link - it will say Kindle or Read. Under that is a drop-down, click on that. This is where you can choose epub, PDF, etc. If there is no Kindle or Read option, there will just be the drop-down. Choose epub, open epub, etc., then they will ask you to confirm. After confirming your choice, a "download" button will appear.
Download as you usually do.

What nincompoop designed this? Sheeesh!!!

And the stupid pop-up box asking you to confirm, covers up the selection you just made, so you can't see it to make sure you selected the right thing....

My local library gave me the Facebook address for Overdrive, which they tell me is the best way to make comments to Overdrive. I don't have a facebook account, but I'm sure many people on this site do, so here's the address in case you haven't already found it:

http://www.facebook.com/OverDriveForLibraries
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #77
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Sony PRS-T1 or T2 can download epubs directly from the library if you have a wifi connection.

Niiiice! You don't need to connect to a computer at all?! Can you browse from your tablet, then send to the Sony reader or do you have to browse the library form the reader?

Can someone confirm that with other ePub readers like the Nook and Kobo, this is also possible/ not possible?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #78
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
So is the Los Angeles library. And there must still be some bugs in it, because it's not letting me sign in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
It looks like the rollout is continuing. The Orange County (Florida) library system is now using the new design.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #79
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
And the stupid pop-up box asking you to confirm, covers up the selection you just made, so you can't see it to make sure you selected the right thing....

My local library gave me the Facebook address for Overdrive, which they tell me is the best way to make comments to Overdrive. I don't have a facebook account, but I'm sure many people on this site do, so here's the address in case you haven't already found it:

http://www.facebook.com/OverDriveForLibraries
I already commented, but will again. The squeaky wheel....
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #80
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Niiiice! You don't need to connect to a computer at all?! Can you browse from your tablet, then send to the Sony reader or do you have to browse the library form the reader?

Can someone confirm that with other ePub readers like the Nook and Kobo, this is also possible/ not possible?
Assuming Overdrive hasn't screwed anything up with their latest changes, once you have checked out a book via your PC you can then use the Sony reader to log in to the library site and download the book.

Or you can use the Sony to browse the library and download directly.

There are some nice helpful people in the Sony forum if you want to get more info and opinions.
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #81
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
I already commented, but will again. The squeaky wheel....
...will almost always be completely ignored or blocked. :/
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #82
piper28
Zealot
piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The 50 book thing on the wishlist appears to have been fixed at my local library at least.
piper28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #83
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Bah! R.E.A.D.S just switched over an hour ago! I hate it. They've remove the cart completely before I had an hour to decide while browsing which books to check out and now it's immediate. This sucks and all the browsing just to get to a genre and then it's no longer listed by added to site but relevancy. DO NOT LIKE!!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #84
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Blossom, do you have the little drop down arrow on the left to change it to added to site or published date?
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #85
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Blossom, do you have the little drop down arrow on the left to change it to added to site or published date?
S
Yes but it's annoying to have to do this every time it use to be default. Getting to Genres takes forever now before it was a nice side menu.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #86
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
The new site is awful!!

I checked out an audiobook in wma format and it says This device does not support this format. What device, my computer? It shows that for all the wma's on my bookshelf but it shows a download button for the mp3s.

Is it no longer using the Overdrive Media Console to download?

This is too confusing......
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #87
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I agree! The other design was simple, easy to use, I won't go so far as to say elegent! This is a Rube Goldberg design! Who designed this mess?
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #88
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
They must have been working on it because the download button finally showed up.
But what a horrible site design. I've seen pirate book sites with better presentation, especially the cover thumbnails.
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #89
4691mls
Wizard

[QUOTE=4691mls;2335580]
Quote:
Yes, I used my iPad to browse their site, but had the old design yesterday. Strange... can you guys access this link from your computer instead? What design do you see?

I tried your link from my PC and got the mobile site with the old list format.
After that, I found my library's mobile site, which has the list format (same thing I was looking at on my PRS-T1 earlier today).
I was able to access my account and check out a book from my wishlist. However, it would not let me actually download the book from My Items on Digital Loan onto my PC - I had to log into my account at the main library site and download from there.
AUGGH! I tried to do the above process again just now, went in via the mobile version of the site and checked out a book, thought I would then log into the full version to be able to download the book on my PC, but every time I try to access the full version of library web site, it takes me to the mobile version. I've tried clearing the history and temporary internet files and restarting the PC. Anybody have any other ideas to make the stupid library site recognize that I am logging in from a PC?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #90
MissRead
MissRead began at the beginning.

Device: android
Hi. I just joined to post about using Overdrive with my Android phone. I have been using it for about a year, with very few problems. During the last few days though, I have received errors about half the time when I try and download a book. And last night I checked in and deleted a book, and it is still showing up. SO today I decided to reinstall the app. I deleted the old app and downloaded it again. MISTAKE! I wish I had read this thread first.

With the new install I don't have any libraries listed and I can't get the screen to load where you pick a library.

I have used the "contact us" on the overdrive site, but haven't received a reply yet.

I should of known they were "improving" things! grrrr!!!
MissRead is offline   Reply With Quote