Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Anyone find a store that has the paperwhite in yet?

I cant seem to find any that do.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Are any stores going to have them right away? I thought with the supply problems Amazon's having that stores weren't getting them until the end of the month.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
I dont know. Hoped someone here would know
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

They are not yet available in BB stores in the Dallas/Fort Worth area according to the BB website. As a matter of fact, the BB stores within 20 miles of my location in southwestern part of DFW metro show no availability for the new K4B either, and it was released a month ago. Of course you cannot rely on the BB website for accuracy when it comes to what is/isn't in stock.

Good luck, I hope you find one.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-01-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Well, Staples said not until November and with Best Buy it just depends on who you ask. Some say they think so, some say no, some act like they don't even know what the Kindle Paperwhite is.

So to answer your question - I doubt it.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
Extragooey
Extragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I went to the Bestbuy around Columbus Circle in New York City this morning and they didn't have it. They said they won't be getting any until the end of the month.
Extragooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
None yet at a Best Buy in Pittsburgh

A Best Buy in Pittsburgh area didn't have it when I visited at lunch, and they were clueless about when it would be in. So I'm still unsure whether to order on Amazon.com or preorder from Best Buy. Don't want to do both and cancel - it's just not worth the hassle to me.

Amazon has the non-special offers version due to ship late Oct, and I would just have to wait for it to show up at my door step. But I have Best Buy gift cards, and they might get stock soon. Returns may also be easier - e.g. if it creates too much light in the bedroom while the wife tries to sleep.

Barring positive info about Best Buy stock today, I'm probably going to just order online tonight from Amazon and not worry about it.

Btw, if you can believe it, my current e-ink device is the original Sony PRS-500. I do my e-reading on an iPad and my Android phone now, but still, that's quite a feat of patience for a gadget addict!

Update - I just ordered one from Amazon. It is supposed to ship Oct 22, and arrive Oct 25th with two day shipping. I guess I value a hassle-free order over immediacy. Looking forward to seeing MR member reviews of the first units to arrive in real customer hands.

Last edited by Bob Russell; 10-01-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: New info
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #8
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post

Update - I just ordered one from Amazon. It is supposed to ship Oct 22, and arrive Oct 25th with two day shipping. I guess I value a hassle-free order over immediacy. Looking forward to seeing MR member reviews of the first units to arrive in real customer hands.
Second order must be a big one as I ordered a week ago and got the same shipdate
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #9
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I believe UPS currently has a sizable supply. I don't know if they're willing to part with some.
Barty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #10
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I believe UPS currently has a sizable supply. I don't know if they're willing to part with some.
LMAO!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #11
peartree
Enthusiast
peartree began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
I called a couple Best Buys in the Seattle area, and they didn't know either. Both could only tell me "the system says coming soon."

It's frustrating because I have a trip coming up in a couple weeks, and I'd like to get one before then. If I order from Amazon now, it won't ship until late October, so I guess I'll just hope they get them in soon. Otherwise I guess I'll just order online and wait.
peartree is offline   Reply With Quote