Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-17-2014, 07:05 AM   #76
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
Yes Thomas, I made it and I receive the following automatic message reply from Amazon: We are unable to locate the book content needed to share your message.
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:38 PM   #77
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

So know one knows how can I make the quote from a book to be shown in facebook with the name of the book?
Advert
Old 04-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #78
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by donMaranzano View Post
So know one knows how can I make the quote from a book to be shown in facebook with the name of the book?
I think you can't do that with side loaded books but only with content bought from amazon
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:47 AM   #79
donMaranzano
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by arad26 View Post
I think you can't do that with side loaded books but only with content bought from amazon
It looks so up to know, even if the books are without copyrights.....
Old 05-22-2014, 12:54 PM   #80
tmcl118
tmcl118 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
You are a genius! Thanks a lot for the program. I've tried lots of things to change the language of a dictionary that I have here. And just your program worked! Thanks a lot!
tmcl118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2014, 12:27 AM   #81
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you very much! I've just discovered this program and it's quite useful for me.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 01:06 AM   #82
kyzcreig
Enthusiast
kyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kindle paperwhite
Thanks for this.
kyzcreig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:06 AM   #83
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
Is there a way to do a bulk operation on a folder full of nothing but old format Mobi files? I have 876 book files and a bunch of them don't show their covers on my Android phone.

A batch file or command line including *.mobi so it'll open all the mobi files one after the other to do its magic. If it can only work with full file names, there are ways to get a list of all files in a folder into a text file, which can then be edited into a batch file.

According to https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...droid-ipad-etc

They need the enable sharing option enabled. That would take a long time, putting batches into the Kindle folder in internal storage, noting which ones don't show covers, copying to another folder on my desktop then feeding the lot back through Calibre and doing a full re-conversion on them just to twiddle one setting.

And while doing that, I'd also like to change any with the PDOC setting to EBOK.

Of course the best thing would be for Amazon to just fix that @#%@% bug!
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:27 AM   #84
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
And while doing that, I'd also like to change any with the PDOC setting to EBOK.
If you have Python skills, you might be able to modify KevinH's dualmetafix.py Python script.

It was originally designed to add ASINs and set the book type to EBOK.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 04:56 PM   #85
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't have Python skills. :P
Old 10-28-2016, 08:12 AM   #86
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Are those books already added to Calibre library? And does each book have amazon id (or even "mobi-assin") in ID section of metadata?

If the answers are yes then you can use Calibre plugin "Quality Check" for 1-click bulk ASIN insertion & PDOC>EBOK edit. (by selecting all the books and doing : Fix> Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire).
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:00 AM   #87
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
According to https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...droid-ipad-etc They need the enable sharing option enabled.
These two desires are mutually exclusive. The "Enable sharing of book content" option causes the CDE Type (PDOC/EBOK) and ASIN entries to be omitted from the EXTH of the book produced.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:55 PM   #88
bizzybody
Addict

Almost all the ebooks I have, have been run through Calibre to convert them from other formats to Mobi. Some have been "converted" from Mobi to Mobi to add updated metadata and covers.

The main issue is fixing the ones with covers not showing up, without having to run them through the conversion process again.

A Calibre plugin that does that would be very nice, especially if it can show which books do or don't have the enable sharing setting so only the ones without it need to be altered. Ought to be a built in feature of Calibre to make that and other changes without having to do a conversion process.

I do not use Calibre to manage my ebooks. I only use it for conversion for Kindle. After converting I copy them manually to a Books folder on my phone's SD card and also to the Kindle folder in the fixed "SD card" internal storage.

Many times I've had several sideloaded books end up missing (especially free ones from Baen) from my kindle folder on the phone, so I make sure to have a backup copy that is under my control, not relying on some program to manage them. I only read on my phone so synching between devices isn't a need for me.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:21 AM   #89
344a
Groupie
344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hong Kong is done.
How can I remove a page from mobi books without converting to epub format first?
344a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:07 AM   #90
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 344a View Post
How can I remove a page from mobi books without converting to epub format first?
You can't remove pages from mobi books without unpacking/converting them first, however, you can remove pages from azw3 books with Calibre Editor.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, mobi metadata, mobi metadata editor, mobi2mobi