Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
change "send to kindle" e-mail addresses?

I have a K3, and I use the send to kindle app in Chrome to send web pages to it.

I also have the Kindle reader installed on my mobile (android), although I never use that. That has a send to kindle email address too, so I could send the web page to it as well.

Now I've installed the Kindle app on a tablet as well, but on the manage kindle page, it doesn't get an e-mail address. So there's no way to send web sites to the tablet.

Is there any way to change this? I can't find it on the manage my kindle page.

Or would I have to deregister the kindle for android phone first, and will a new send to kindle address then become available for the tablet? Is there a limit of two addresses?
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
It looks like not all devices are supported. For instance, my iPad has a Kindle email address associated with it, but my iPhone does not. I never set up an email for the iPad, Amazon did that by default when I installed the app.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
It looks like not all devices are supported. For instance, my iPad has a Kindle email address associated with it, but my iPhone does not. I never set up an email for the iPad, Amazon did that by default when I installed the app.
Mine were all set up by default as well, but my iPhone does have an email address.

Besides eInk Kindle's I have apps on two android tablets, an android phone, an iPod Touch, an iPhone 5 and Kindle 4 PC x2. The only thing that doesn't have an email address are the two installs of K4PC.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Mine were all set up by default as well, but my iPhone does have an email address.

Bizarre. Clicking Edit on any of the devices on my account (pictured below) just allows me to change the name of the device.

Clicking on the link for Personal Document settings, this is what I see:

There is no place to add a new device.

The help page for this topic on Amazon is blank:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200767340
Old 09-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
That is weird. I just downloaded the apps and registered them on the devices and the email addys were assigned. Never messed with anything on the website. Are your iPhones running an old version of the app somehow? IIRC the Kindle iPhone app got email addresses with an update back in December. I wonder if deregistering the app on device and re-registering it would do anything.

EDIT: Just did a quick Google and it looks like it was back in December for sure...
http://lifehacker.com/5870147/the-ki...including-pdfs
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
pidgeon92
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I wonder if deregistering the app on device and re-registering it would do anything.
I don't read personal docs on my Kindle, or on any of the Kindle apps. I know I put the software on the iPhone long before December, so I think you are probably right about de-and re-registering. I'll give it a try in a bit.

Yep, re-registering adds the email on the iPhone.

Last edited by pidgeon92; 09-25-2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: update
Old 09-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I had to do this for my mom's Kindle app, although mine was done when it was still available to do on the amazon page. It is not on the amazon page now and you have to do it on the app. The name was whatever I had named my iphone and my mom's iphone. Then it showed up under the "Registered Kindle Reading Apps". I don't remember, but I think I then changed the "Send-to-Kindle E-mail Address" on the "Personal Document Settings" page. Now she can read whatever is in my library or whatever I send to her that was converted.
Registering the Kindle App
Quote:
To register your Kindle app, use your existing Amazon account e-mail address and password. If you live outside the United States and use the Kindle application, please see the Using the Kindle App if You Live Outside the United States Help page.

Logging into your Amazon.com account through the Kindle app registers your device to your Amazon.com account. Once you sign in during registration, you won't need to do it again -- just open the app to access your Kindle Library.
To register:

Tap the Kindle icon on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to open the reading app.
Enter your Amazon.com account e-mail address and password.
Tap the "Register" button.

You can also tap the Settings icon (the cog) on the Kindle Home screen to view or change your account registration.
Signing Out and Deregistering

If you sign out of the Kindle app, your reading app is deregistered from your Amazon.com account. When you deregister, you can't download content to the Kindle app or send purchases to the app unless you register again.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Maybe it just takes a while before an email address is added to the device. Because I haven't really done anything since I first posted, and now the tablet has a mail address.

(Well, I did uninstall the Kindle on the phone. But I didn't deregister first, so Amazon doesn't know that. And this is proven by the fact that the phone is still listed on the website under manage your devices.)
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote