Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-23-2011, 05:03 AM   #1
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
USB cable interchangeable?

Please excuse the probably trivial question: I have both a K3 and a DX. Can I use the USB/adapter cables interchangeably? Or does each one have to be used only with the device that it came with?
Thanks!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:33 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Please excuse the probably trivial question: I have both a K3 and a DX. Can I use the USB/adapter cables interchangeably?
Yes. They are interchangeable. In fact, I'm using the (much shorter) cable that came with my smartphone all the time without any problem.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's a standard microUSB cable. Any such cable should work fine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Yes. They are interchangeable. In fact, I'm using the (much shorter) cable that came with my smartphone all the time without any problem.
Strangely, the one that came with my phone (Droid Eris, uses Mini-B) doesn't fit other devices. But, regular Mini-B connectors will work with the phone just fine.

The cable that came with came with my newer Droid Incredible works fine with the Kindle.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Thanks all!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
Grizzlish
Grizzlish began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Strangely, the one that came with my phone (Droid Eris, uses Mini-B) doesn't fit other devices. But, regular Mini-B connectors will work with the phone just fine.

The cable that came with came with my newer Droid Incredible works fine with the Kindle.
Same here with my Droid Charge, the cable works with the Kindle and the phone. Really handy.
Grizzlish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adapter, usb