Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 04-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #271
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
I'm not too sure if the problem is with flag or my Kindle, but since the update to flag none of the fanfctions I have tried to put on my Kindle show up on the Home page. When I plug the kindle it, they're there on the documents file.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:49 AM   #272
erayd
Zealot
erayd doesn't littererayd doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by araevin View Post
http://*************.com/s/new-survey a small survey for iPad fanfiction
That's nice and all, but I'd really appreciate it if you started your own thread for that rather than hijacking mine.

A survey for a potential new iPad app has absolutely nothing to do with FLAG.
erayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:29 AM   #273
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
The post of araevin's has been moved to its own thread in the Apple Devices subforum

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #274
araevin
araevin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
flag has every thing to do with the app first and formost its the inspiration for the app its self alot of questions about how FF.net works. flag is the basis for this app
araevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:34 PM   #275
erayd
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by araevin View Post
flag has every thing to do with the app...
Really? So far you've yet to provide a single point that backs up that statement.

Quote:
...first and formost its the inspiration for the app...
Nice, but irrelevant .

Quote:
...its self alot of questions about how FF.net works...
And those questions also belong in a different thread, as they're not related to this one. If you have questions about how to scrape the site, I'm more than happy to address those in another thread.

Quote:
...flag is the basis for this app...
Small problem there - FLAG is either a CLI app or a webservice, and both incarnations of it require PHP. The iPad (assuming non-jailbroken) doesn't have PHP available, doesn't run a webserver, and doesn't have a readily-accessible shell.

Trying to extend FLAG's codebase for an iPad app won't work; you'll need to completely rewrite it using a language & framework that the iOS supports.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #276
erayd
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittybye View Post
I'm not too sure if the problem is with flag or my Kindle, but since the update to flag none of the fanfctions I have tried to put on my Kindle show up on the Home page. When I plug the kindle it, they're there on the documents file.
Which format are you using, and how are you transferring them to the Kindle? The MobiPocket files that FLAG generates are definitely compatible with the Kindle.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #277
araevin
araevin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Your right I know that the iPad dosnt process php I'm using obj-c and asihttprequest for grabbing html data
araevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #278
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erayd View Post
Which format are you using, and how are you transferring them to the Kindle? The MobiPocket files that FLAG generates are definitely compatible with the Kindle.
I'm using Mobi.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #279
erayd
Zealot

Quote:
I'm using Mobi.
That should work. How are you transferring them to the Kindle? Do you have a link to one of the stories you're having trouble with?
Old 04-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #280
Bittybye
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by erayd View Post
That should work. How are you transferring them to the Kindle? Do you have a link to one of the stories you're having trouble with?
I use Calibre, because I like to add my own covers

Here's one of the stories I downloaded.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2959739/...us_b_bMatter_b
Old 05-28-2011, 01:22 AM   #281
erayd
Zealot

Quote:
I use Calibre, because I like to add my own covers

Here's one of the stories I downloaded.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2959739/...us_b_bMatter_b
Does this file work correctly when loaded onto your kindle directly, rather than altering it in Calibre first?

Have you tried having FLAG email the file to your Kindle directly? Note that you will need to add flag-noreply@erayd.net as an authorised address for sending to your Kindle before you attempt this.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:05 AM   #282
erayd
Zealot

FLAG has been moved to its own domain - flagfic.com. It's also still available on the old domain (flag.erayd.net), and on flagfic.net.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #283
zed88
zed88 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, nook
I hope I'm posting in the right place.
I've been searching for exactly this program to use with LiveJournal. I see from the thread that someone has asked for this already and I'd just like to second that request. There's a lot of good fiction on LiveJournal that I'd love to be able to download to my e-reader.
zed88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #284
erayd
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed88 View Post
I've been searching for exactly this program to use with LiveJournal. I see from the thread that someone has asked for this already and I'd just like to second that request. There's a lot of good fiction on LiveJournal that I'd love to be able to download to my e-reader.
Hi Zed88,

At this point I have no plans to implement support for LiveJournal. The reason for this is that LJ has no standard way of linking different chapters in a single story (or at least not that I could see last time I looked) - and as a result, complete stories can't be automatically downloaded by FLAG's grabber. If you can see some way of linking the chapters together I'd be far more amenable to adding support for this.

I may add support for LiveJournal at some point in the future by providing a space for the user to enter a link to each individual chapter, in order, and then compile those into a book.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #285
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zed88 View Post
The closest we've got for LJ and other journal sites is Squeebook, which allows you to put in multiple URLs and combine them to an ebook. You do have to track down the URLs yourself, though.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter, fanfiction, fanfiction.net, grabber, lrf