Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 07:37 AM   #1
kadrak
Reader
kadrak began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
Shalom from Jerusalem

I have a Pocketbook 360 and need to solve some problems and find ideas or suggestions for improved use. I have a whole LIST of books waiting for me. I'm relieved to find this forum! It looks great.
kadrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:44 AM   #2
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Shalom kadrak! Welcome to the MobileRead forums. I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can either answer your question or direct you where to find an answer.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 08:04 AM   #3
kadrak
Reader
kadrak began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
I hope so! I've been frustrated for some days by trying to solve problems when I can't find the source! I have one more step I can take, but it may make matters worse!

Order of events:
1) Purchased Adobe Edition book; downloaded said book
2) Connected PB 360; Adobe authorized it
3) Copied book to PB360
4) Disconnected PB360 and tried to read book. First error was book corrupted or not licensed
5) Read forums for Adobe. Re-downloaded book; same result
6) After communications with PB support, appeared that somehow my PB had been connected to another computer (maybe my son's?)
7) Reformated PB memory (after backup of books).
8) After reading instructions from Yar-Pocketbooker, updated firmware from 14.2 to 15.1
9) Re-connected to Adobe; reauthorized; WORKS! added 3 other Adobe Edition books
10) POCKETBOOK doesn't work properly; a) opens logo page, gt remembered page. Then goes back to logo page, then to menu with LRBs at the top.
11) On selection of book, opens LRP and seems to work find. HOWEVER, trouble with menu buttons, paging and constant freezing up
12) Spoke to support. Firmware "update" to 14.2 Reformat Memory
13) Freezing less often. Menu buttons work, but still 'opens' twice.

I've checked configurations (had a first backup to use), checked version applied, everything I know. Can't get to anything else. Now: to re-upgrade firmware to 15.3 or not! Maybe I will see 3 logo pages instead of 2???

HELP

Last edited by kadrak; 10-18-2010 at 08:07 AM. Reason: typos
kadrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Wish I could offer some advice, Kadrak, but I know nothing about your device. I use a Sony myself, and have been lucky enough to have smooth sailing. I'm technologically challenged and have enough difficulty just navigating buttons.

Fortunately, as I said before, there are many good and knowledgeable people here who, if they can, will be more than happy to get you going again. It's very international so many are still asleep right now and will log on later. Besides friendly people, MobileRead forums is a treasure trove of information, free books, and enjoyable conversations. Enjoy!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Kadrak. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Kadrak.

Here is the forum you want to post your questions in....

Enjoy.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=206
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
What the lady advises ^^^^^

Welcome to mobileread ....

Good luck.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #8
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR!

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #9
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hello and welcome. Good luck with your ereader.
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #10
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi kadrak and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:13 PM   #11
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:54 AM   #12
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Hi kadrak and welcome to MobileRead.

Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #13
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freezes up, pocketbook 360, problems, reloads