Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Waxcutter
Waxcutter began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Angry Lost Library

After almost a year using Sony Library very happily, it has now stopped working. I click on the icon-screen dims-window opens saying Library has stopped working. Windows will close it and try to find a solution. After a System reset so far back my computer thinks its a ZX80, regclean, uninstall (4 times) reinstall (5 times), which Sony tech said to do again and again then told me to try it on another machine(I did,it works.). So to them it must be my computer, end of help! I run Vista premium.
Waxcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Did you recently install new antivirus software or updates?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
Waxcutter
Waxcutter began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Yes, McAfee is auto-updating and so is Vista.
Waxcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxcutter View Post
Yes, McAfee is auto-updating and so is Vista.
One of those updates might have blocked the library. Hopefully someone with more computer expertise will chime in soon...
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I've had luck connecting my reader to the PC without the library running. Then use Windows Explorer to delete the cache.xml file from the Reader.

Disconnect the REader, connect it again, and run the library.

Sometimes it's a database (xml) error that prevents the Library from connecting to the Reader.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library, problems, software