Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
refried_beans
Self-proclaimed Newbie
refried_beans began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
NC flickers when connected to my laptop

I just opened my new NC right out of the box and when connected to my laptop (windows7), the NC screen sort of flickers (as in it makes that annoying chime with the gear symbol in the bottom left hand corner and darkens over and over and over!) It's like it won't stay connected. HOWEVER, when I connect my NC to my PC (vista) it connects like a charm. The screen darkens an it says "USB Mode" not flickering at all. what the freak is happening here? should I be worried?
refried_beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Does your Windows 7 machine recognize the device?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
refried_beans
Self-proclaimed Newbie

For like 2 seconds then it disconnects itself. After about 5 or 6 "flickers" no recognition is the ending result.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
It doesn't sound like there's an issue with the device because it connects to the Vista machine with no problems. Try another USB port on the Windows 7 machine. Also, check the Device Manager within Windows and see if something is amiss.

I'm assuming you're using the same USB cable for both machines.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
refried_beans
Self-proclaimed Newbie

Yes I use the same cable. As long as my NC isn't the one going crazy, I'm cool Thanks for the input!

Tags
color, computer, connecting, nook, problems