Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-10-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
digitalsewage
digitalsewage began at the beginning.

Device: none
bookcreator macro compile errors

Newbie here,
Converting 2003 word.doc to ePub. Following calibre suggestion to use "bookcreator no IMP v3.0" macro to convert too .html filtered. Using on windows7/Word 2003 I get a lot of "Compile error: User-defined type not efined" errors. I looked around in forums didn't see anything to solve problem (probably missed it). According to bookcreator web site It appears I've met the req'ts.... Is there some basic step I missed? any suggestion greatly appreciated.
digitalsewage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:15 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
What macro is that and where did you get that suggestion? I've used Calibre for quite some time now, but I've never heard or read bookcreator mentioned. Also, if I read your message right, you're getting the error message when using some macro in Word, which would mean that this is the wrong forum for asking for assistance. Try the place where you originally got the tip.
The "canonical" steps to convert from DOC to ePub using Calibre seem to be either saving as filtered web page or rtf and importing that into Calibre. Does that work for you?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2011, 05:16 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
What macro is that and where did you get that suggestion? I've used Calibre for quite some time now, but I've never heard or read bookcreator mentioned.
Book creator is outlined in the Mobileread Wiki.

Quote:
The "canonical" steps to convert from DOC to ePub using Calibre seem to be either saving as filtered web page or rtf and importing that into Calibre.
I agree with these steps.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
digitalsewage
digitalsewage began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ok, thanks - the steps you are recommending are where I started.... but I found the "bookcreator" recommendation within "Calibre" help itself. I will go back to original steps.
digitalsewage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
What macro is that and where did you get that suggestion? I've used Calibre for quite some time now, but I've never heard or read bookcreator mentioned.
Just found the mention of book creator the OP was referring to here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalsewage View Post
Ok, thanks - the steps you are recommending are where I started.... but I found the "bookcreator" recommendation within "Calibre" help itself. I will go back to original steps.
You can ask questions about Bookcreator in this sticky thread I found in the workshop forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2011, 01:50 AM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
The "canonical" steps to convert from DOC to ePub using Calibre seem to be either saving as filtered web page or rtf and importing that into Calibre. Does that work for you?
I wonder if that would work with my problem converting a complex text-book from ePub to mobi. I don't have Microsoft Office on my computer, but I do have OpenOffice.org and Atlantis, and should be able to at least get an rtf file to put through calibre. If it doesn't work I'm no worse off.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:03 AM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I wonder if that would work with my problem converting a complex text-book from ePub to mobi. I don't have Microsoft Office on my computer, but I do have OpenOffice.org and Atlantis, and should be able to at least get an rtf file to put through calibre. If it doesn't work I'm no worse off.
OpenOffice can save as HTML, as well. The quality of the HTML source should even be better than MS Office's.
That said, I can't imagine it would be any better than hand-crafted HTML, which is what you use, IIRC.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote