Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-03-2007, 09:39 AM   #16
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Note: You must read backwards.

!!!?no gniog s'tahW .flesti daerht eht ot fo daetsni daerht eht ni tsop ralucitrap a ot gniylper tuohtiw ylper kciuq a trats ot woh tuo erugif t'nluoc I( .nottub tsoP ot ylpeR eht gnittih ylpmis yb siht detrats I .sdrawkcab dettupni gnieb si txet ym nosaer emos roF ?xob tupni ylper eht htiw smelborp gnivah ma I taht ees uoy naC
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:53 AM   #17
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, I am trying again, and everything is fine. Firefox crashed on me, so I suppose that it was a problem with Firefox. Also had some Java screens up at the time, and that always seems to stress the computer.

At any rate, this seems to work again.

In case anyone is curious, what happened was actually kind of fun. The text box for a reply let me input text, but starting at the top left corner, each time I typed a letter, it moved the letter to the right, so my text came out backwards.

To type the instructions at the start. I had to type it in backwards!

And even funnier -- I started to realize that it's not nearly as hard to type backwards than you would think. I bet with some practice, it would not be hard to do it at all. The backwards word spelling would be easy because you can picture the whole word and sort of type it backwards the way you see it in your head. It's the order of words in the sentence that might take some effort.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:12 AM   #18
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
It's possible that you had some old javascript script in your browser cache. In those cases, a CTRL+Refresh usually helps to reload everything.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just got on this morning after the upgrade/move and I have to be honest. I don't like the way the forum looks vs. the way it looked before. I tried changing the look from classic to modern in the control panel to see if that would help and it's broken. It wants me to add some Google ad-sence nonsense that I don't have to give it. So that didn't work. Can we have the old look back please? It was so much easier on my eyes. This one looks like it's unfinished.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:38 AM   #20
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
The text box for a reply let me input text, but starting at the top left corner, each time I typed a letter, it moved the letter to the right, so my text came out backwards.
Funny, you don't look Jewish.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:55 AM   #21
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Funny, you don't look Jewish.
I guess I have quite an international side to me!
Old 06-03-2007, 03:52 PM   #22
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I just got on this morning after the upgrade/move and I have to be honest. I don't like the way the forum looks vs. the way it looked before. I tried changing the look from classic to modern in the control panel to see if that would help and it's broken. It wants me to add some Google ad-sence nonsense that I don't have to give it. So that didn't work. Can we have the old look back please? It was so much easier on my eyes. This one looks like it's unfinished.
It is unfinished -- we will have a complete redesign of our frontpage that will have nothing in common with the current design. The Google adsense is part of a revenue sharing system that was in place in the old forum and that we are going to re-enable in the new forum again when all things work.

JSWolf, I assume what you'd like to see again is a) a liquid design (what we had before), and the "classic" postbit look, where username/avatar info etc. was off to the side. Leaping Grome made a similar comment and I appreciate your input. I didn't expect people to look back to the classic look, but since it seems some of you prefer it, we will definitely bring it back as well as an option!
Old 06-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
It is unfinished -- we will have a complete redesign of our frontpage that will have nothing in common with the current design. The Google adsense is part of a revenue sharing system that was in place in the old forum and that we are going to re-enable in the new forum again when all things work.

JSWolf, I assume what you'd like to see again is a) a liquid design (what we had before), and the "classic" postbit look, where username/avatar info etc. was off to the side. Leaping Grome made a similar comment and I appreciate your input. I didn't expect people to look back to the classic look, but since it seems some of you prefer it, we will definitely bring it back as well as an option!
The problem I am having is that when I go to edit the user options, I cannot as it give an error message.

You did not enter the correct format for the Google AdSense Client ID field. Please read the field description for the expected format.

As I don't have a Google AdSence Client ID, I can't put anything in there. I hope this is something easily fixable as it makes editing user option impossible. The changes I made don't get saved.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:25 AM   #24
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem I am having is that when I go to edit the user options, I cannot as it give an error message.

You did not enter the correct format for the Google AdSense Client ID field. Please read the field description for the expected format.

As I don't have a Google AdSence Client ID, I can't put anything in there. I hope this is something easily fixable as it makes editing user option impossible. The changes I made don't get saved.
During the upgrade, the forum software made these optional fields suddenly required fields. Fixed.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:35 AM   #25
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
The Google adsense is part of a revenue sharing system that was in place in the old forum and that we are going to re-enable in the new forum again when all things work.
Meaning... if we actually have an adsense key or whatever... we'd get the revenue from ads that appeared on threads we started or something?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:52 AM   #26
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Meaning... if we actually have an adsense key or whatever... we'd get the revenue from ads that appeared on threads we started or something?
We implemented it before the migration for editors and publishers who write articles on the frontpage. It's not 100% sure though about how Google thinks about it.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
During the upgrade, the forum software made these optional fields suddenly required fields. Fixed.
Thank you.

By the way, the more I use the new forum, the more I'm getting used it it. I don't think it needs to be made to look like it used to any longer. I think it just takes some getting used to.

Jon