Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
Exclamation Calibre - Invalid Library Error

I just upgraded my OS and I was trying to reimport my library into Calibre but I'm getting this error whenever I try to direct Calibre to my old folder structure. It was on an external drive so nothing changed in that folder when I updated the system. I'm not sure how to get my library to reimport without having to copy my books all over again which will be a major hassle with 1,000+ books.

Here is the error:
ERROR: Invalid database: <p>An invalid library already exists at H:/Ebook/Calibre Library, delete it before trying to move the existing library.<br>Error: attempt to write a readonly database
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 175, in run
OperationalError: attempt to write a readonly database

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\wizard\__init__.py", line 521, in move_library
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 144, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 181, in initialize_dynamic
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 211, in run
DatabaseException: attempt to write a readonly database
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 175, in run
OperationalError: attempt to write a readonly database

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the metadata.db file in your calibre library folder is set to readonly. Change its permissions back to read/write
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 12:02 AM   #3
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
Hey, I was away for a few days so I wasn't able to test it out. Thanks for the quick reply. It seems like I was running into that Windows 7 folder permission error where I couldn't remove the read only permission but I moved it to another folder and got my library imported back thank god! I just wanted to say thanks again, Calibre has been an awesome program, keep up the good work.
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote