Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 03:27 AM   #1
davebalme
Enthusiast
davebalme began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Ipad, Kobo Wireless, Archos 70b & 80G9. And a Kobo Arc
Metadata

I'm using Calibre to convert a file and edit the metadata, but when I transfer the file to my 360 either through Calibre or manually from the Calibre library the file information displayed on the device is not as typed in the program. Am I doing something wrong?
davebalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:32 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What format book?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 07:04 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebalme View Post
I'm using Calibre to convert a file and edit the metadata, but when I transfer the file to my 360 either through Calibre or manually from the Calibre library the file information displayed on the device is not as typed in the program. Am I doing something wrong?
It sounds like you convert first and edit the metadata second. You need to first edit the metadata to what you want, then convert.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:17 AM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
It sounds like you convert first and edit the metadata second. You need to first edit the metadata to what you want, then convert.
Not true. Send to Device and Save to Disk will write the metadata to the file as part of their functioning. Converting will also write the current metadata to the file.

*Edit: Spoke to soon without thinking about it. Manichean is partly right. Some formats, I believe FB2 and RB, do not have a metadata writer component. It will have to be converted to have the metadata changed. It is only written when the file is created, it cannot be updated afterwards at this time.

It sounds like you are using a format that does not support the metadata you want to see. Not all formats support metadata and each format only supports certain metadata attributes.

Last edited by user_none; 12-09-2009 at 07:25 AM.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
davebalme
Enthusiast
davebalme began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Ipad, Kobo Wireless, Archos 70b & 80G9. And a Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
What format book?
PDF or lit to FB2. And I edit the metadata before converting and the error isn't consistent in that some files will show correctly.
davebalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert