Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-07-2008, 05:00 AM   #1
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Monday morning

I have this 'monday morning' feeling...

Urgghh...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:45 AM   #2
tINmOUSE
(stand in: rOBOTmINION)
tINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watch

Device: none yet. Waiting for Mentor.
here. take these magic-beans with water.
Guaranteed to cure within 24 hours.
tINmOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2008, 05:49 AM   #3
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tINmOUSE View Post
here. take these magic-beans with water.
Guaranteed to cure within 24 hours.
So that'll push the feeling onto Tuesday?
Old 07-07-2008, 06:18 AM   #4
tINmOUSE
tINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watch

I have different magic-beans I can sell you for Tuesday.

Just by coincidence I some for Wednesday, thursday...
Just remember they can take up to 24 hours to work.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #5
GeoffC

Nothing's working, yet...
Have you anything faster...
Advert
Old 07-07-2008, 08:16 AM   #6
tINmOUSE

I have this large hammer you could borrow (though you can use a wall in a pinch)

Beat around the head til Monday (or your chosen day of the week) fades from your consciousness (and indeed most things with it). Repeat as often as necessary.

This can double as aversion therapy though what you learn to avoid can differ.
(Mondays, mornings, hammers, hit yourself, taco's, etc...)

<You may experience minor side-effects such as headaches, repeated ringing in the ears, early death, sever pain and loss of feeling in, well, practical everywhere>
Old 07-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Cheer up, Geoff. Marc's party was here soon. You just need to have a few cheeseballs and Zany Carter's and it all ended quickly.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:41 AM   #8
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Maybe we need to "adjust" the electrodes...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:59 AM   #9
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I think my office building is upset that we were on holiday Friday and didn't come to visit it. Trying to ... cough....kill us....odd acrid smell...eyes watering....getting hard to breath...
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:04 AM   #10
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Cheer up, Geoff. Marc's party was here soon. You just need to have a few cheeseballs and Zany Carter's and it all ended quickly.
My theory is that Marc never has 'new' parties. He just uses the same one over and over again. We each of us go and believe that it is a new experience, but judicial programming (Marc is an expert) leaves us to think we've never been to the latest one in the agenda. Deja Vu never occurs because of the temporal time shift analogy where each of us occupies a special place in time and space and never really meets the real other party-goers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Maybe we need to "adjust" the electrodes...
Ouch - you've not paid your bill yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
I think my office building is upset that we were on holiday Friday and didn't come to visit it. Trying to ... cough....kill us....odd acrid smell...eyes watering....getting hard to breath...
See, I'm not the only one...
Old 07-07-2008, 09:16 AM   #11
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
My theory is that Marc never has 'new' parties. He just uses the same one over and over again. We each of us go and believe that it is a new experience, but judicial programming (Marc is an expert) leaves us to think we've never been to the latest one in the agenda. Deja Vu never occurs because of the temporal time shift analogy where each of us occupies a special place in time and space and never really meets the real other party-goers...

Ouch - you've not paid your bill yet...

See, I'm not the only one...
I'm using Marc's approach to his parties as a way to pay the bills...
Old 07-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Geoff! I'm standing right here! I can hear everything you're saying!

Look, now you've got Adrian all twitchy and indignant. Don't blame me if he opens up a can of "Inadvertent" on you. He's a gibbon; he's a long reach, and he's starting to swing from the rafters and flail below.

To approach your theory, allow me to descend simiantically from the leafy end of the Boddhi tree...

In light of the fact that the Party occupies an infinite space across all known universes and trouser-legs (some of them occupied illegally, but the less said about that the better), the idea of there being "one party" is a redundancy of the "divide by zero error" kind. Since all actions open another pair of trouser-legs, and the transfer process creates holes in the knees to other legs and then repatches them (plus, there's the very special secret passageway via the fly...shhh), and modifications are self-cancelling such that interchange of all variations of the infinite number of GeoffC's are not only possible, but essential and inevitable (and they're all coming to the party but, by paradoxical definition, you won't meet any of them because you are them and all of you are only coming once to any specific instance of the Party)...well, suffice to say that "one party" is like saying there's "one quantum vacuum" - you haven't actually qualified or quantified anything meaningful. You've divided by zero, or multiplied zero by infinity, or something.

Secondly, you might consider this Party process anyway, what with the collapsing waveforms of an infinite number of variations of an infinite number of guests from an infinite number of trouser legs, to be a self-correcting perception distortion field creating artificial memories of multiple parties when only the one Party is actually held. Or, you might consider that each of the infinite number of Parties held fore and aft are delineated by a chronological perception filter we hold in our head to separate moment from moment and sort a conceivable order from the one inseparable Moment that is known as Forever.

Regardless of philosophies and the intricacies of Great Quantum Lie Geometry that is the multiverse, the theory you propose is irrelevant. Perception is 99% of the Law of Reality (the other 1% is caramel). As Maitre d' and Arbiter of Reality, the truth of the Parties is whatever I say it is.

Now I suggest singing to Adrian, and if you've got any icecream that will most assuredly help. If we can get him down from the rafters and stop the flailing, I may not have to arbite us some replacement heads he may otherwise choose to play with Harlem Globetrotters-style...

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 07-07-2008 at 10:20 AM.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:07 AM   #13
tINmOUSE

I think my head hurts.

I think it was possible a implosion of some kind. probabily a negative one. OwwWWW.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:18 AM   #14
pshrynk

That makes perfect sense to me.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #15
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Geoff! I'm standing right here! I can hear everything you're saying!

Look, now you've got Adrian all twitchy and indignant. Don't blame me if he opens up a can of "Inadvertent" on you. He's a gibbon; he's a long reach, and he's starting to swing from the rafters and flail below.

To approach your theory, allow me to descend simiantically from the leafy end of the Boddhi tree...

In light of the fact that the Party occupies an infinite space across all known universes and trouser-legs (some of them occupied illegally, but the less said about that the better), the idea of there being "one party" is a redundancy of the "divide by zero error" kind. Since all actions open another pair of trouser-legs, and the transfer process creates holes in the knees to other legs and then repatches them (plus, there's the very special secret passageway via the fly...shhh), and modifications are self-cancelling such that interchange of all variations of the infinite number of GeoffC's are not only possible, but essential and inevitable (and they're all coming to the party but, by paradoxical definition, you won't meet any of them because you are them and all of you are only coming once to any specific instance of the Party)...well, suffice to say that "one party" is like saying there's "one quantum vacuum" - you haven't actually qualified or quantified anything meaningful. You've divided by zero, or multiplied zero by infinity, or something.

Secondly, you might consider this Party process anyway, what with the collapsing waveforms of an infinite number of variations of an infinite number of guests from an infinite number of trouser legs, to be a self-correcting perception distortion field creating artificial memories of multiple parties when only the one Party is actually held. Or, you might consider that each of the infinite number of Parties held fore and aft are delineated by a chronological perception filter we hold in our head to separate moment from moment and sort a conceivable order from the one inseparable Moment that is known as Forever.

Regardless of philosophies and the intricacies of Great Quantum Lie Geometry that is the multiverse, the theory you propose is irrelevant. Perception is 99% of the Law of Reality (the other 1% is caramel). As Maitre d' and Arbiter of Reality, the truth of the Parties is whatever I say it is.

Now I suggest singing to Adrian, and if you've got any icecream that will most assuredly help. If we can get him down from the rafters and stop the flailing, I may not have to arbite us some replacement heads he may otherwise choose to play with Harlem Globetrotters-style...

Cheers,
Marc
Ah, but you've forgotten the obvious, in your insistence on dividing and multiplying by zero. There is an infinite number of zeros in the Universe and even more beyond that. But is zero a 'prime' number - yeh, nay.. Trouser-leg mathematics is so last/next/this year in its application to non-number party theory of the alternative reality which this Lounge and the party exists.
What, then, of the skirt (or even the kilt Scot/Maori)...stick that in your gibbon-theory and swing yourself across the rafters holding together the planetary web... Ice Cream comes at a premium and, in anycase, it does not travel well between dimensions to or fro from/to this multi-party that is really the same party...

btw, I've sold 83.5 tickets to it, so far, this party that is, not the next or the previous. shall we offer a prize in a raffle...

Tags
clouds of enlightenment