Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 01:09 AM   #1
reed
reed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
python command line tool for kobo

See http://blog.triumphovermadness.com/2...line-tool.html

It's experimental but working fine for me, would be happy for fixes and additions to it.

It's not for serious book management but useful for setting books to finished or unread or a starting point for poking around the database.

Never tested under windows or mac but it doesn't make any fancy assumptions so may just work.

enjoy,
-reed
reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:28 AM   #2
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Thanks reed!

I have a couple suggestions that would make the script more appealing to my tastes:

A config/ini file where we can set the path to the Kobo (so the '-d /media/KOBOeReader/.kobo/KoboReader.sqlite' argument wasn't necessary every time)

I think it would also be nice to have a certain level of basic interactivity for the changing status of books function. Something like the script listing the currently opened books in a numbered list, and allowing us to 'close' a certain one by hitting the appropriate number/key?

I just think it might be easier to quickly change the status of a book with a SQlite tool, so why bother with an automation script that makes the process tedious and longer? (I'm not bitching reed, don't take this wrong. I appreciate you making this available to us, and I'm just sharing my opinions/feedback)
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 02:07 AM   #3
reed
reed began at the beginning.

I agree, those would help.
reed is offline   Reply With Quote