Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #16
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That blog entry was painful to read. Some of these bloggers are in dire need of remedial English.
This is why I edit my posts in the evening.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
This is why I edit my posts in the evening.
I enjoy reading your blog.
Advert
Old 04-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #18
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Yes, they removed the post and comment.

Conspiracies abound.

http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...der-situation/
I can (try to) put the conspiracy theories to rest

Can't say why the post was removed, but what I can say is that the rumour is false.

Kobo Aura was in development for more than a year during which time we worked very closely on ground-up R&D with our partners at eInk to bring this fantastic 6.8" 1440x1080 screen to market.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #19
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post

Can't say why the post was removed, but what I can say is that the rumour is false.

Kobo Aura was in development for more than a year during which time we worked very closely on ground-up R&D with our partners at eInk to bring this fantastic 6.8" 1440x1080 screen to market.
Can you shed any light on why Kobo followed up the September launch with a launch in April? It breaks the pattern of the previous launches.

Also, feel free to post a denial on the original story:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...a-nook-glow-hd

I won't bite, I promise.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:17 PM   #20
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post

Unfortunately Kobo is not handling this very well. Orders are getting lost, no estimates of delivery times are given, etc.
Advert
Old 04-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #21
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Unfortunately Kobo is not handling this very well. Orders are getting lost, no estimates of delivery times are given, etc.
I'ver heard that the software also leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:11 AM   #22
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Your interpretation of the numerous hands-on accounts differs from mine. From what I'm seeing on the Kobo forums, the overall reaction is positive, with some irritation at some software bugs that, ultimately, doesn't change the overall reaction from positive.

Can't really speak as to the status of orders, but there have been several documented cases of people getting theirs early...
Old 04-29-2013, 12:24 AM   #23
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
Your interpretation of the numerous hands-on accounts differs from mine. From what I'm seeing on the Kobo forums, the overall reaction is positive, with some irritation at some software bugs that, ultimately, doesn't change the overall reaction from positive.

Can't really speak as to the status of orders, but there have been several documented cases of people getting theirs early...
I'm hearing stuff that isn't posted publicly.

Last edited by Nate the great; 05-04-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:29 AM   #24
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post

When you order something that is listed as "ex stock" and 10 days and a number of e-mails later you don't even have a "shipping date estimate", that is very unprofessional. And as you can read in these forums, that seems to have happened to a lot of people. They should be open about it.

I won't comment on the software issues since I don't have any Kobo device.

Last edited by HansTWN; 04-29-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:18 AM   #25
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Can you shed any light on why Kobo followed up the September launch with a launch in April? It breaks the pattern of the previous launches.
The original kobo was officially released in May 2010
The kobo Touch was released in June 2011
Old 04-29-2013, 07:01 AM   #26
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
The original kobo was officially released in May 2010
The kobo Touch was released in June 2011
The Arc was launched in October 2011 and the latest Kobo launch was in September 2012. What's your point?
Old 04-29-2013, 07:13 AM   #27
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I think you've proved his point-that Kobo has no set release schedule. I don't know why they should wait until the fall to release the Aura-it's a completely different device from the Glo. A ton of people are still going to want a 6" reader so it doesn't really matter to them when the Aura is released.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #28
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
When you order something that is listed as "ex stock" and 10 days and a number of e-mails later you don't even have a "shipping date estimate", that is very unprofessional. And as you can read in these forums, that seems to have happened to a lot of people. They should be open about it.

I won't comment on the software issues since I don't have any Kobo device.
There seem to be maybe three people in these forums with truly bad experiences with ordering the Aura, all of whom seem to be in the U.S.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #29
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I think you've proved his point-that Kobo has no set release schedule. I don't know why they should wait until the fall to release the Aura-it's a completely different device from the Glo. A ton of people are still going to want a 6" reader so it doesn't really matter to them when the Aura is released.
Thanks for filling in the holes. I didn't understand the point.

That could be true, but there's a reason why many device makers maintain an annual schedule. It's to keep the newer device from cannibalizing sales of the model that was released 6 months earlier.

There's no guarantee that this will happen with the Aura/Glo, but it could.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #30
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcj View Post
There seem to be maybe three people in these forums with truly bad experiences with ordering the Aura, all of whom seem to be in the U.S.
You can add me to that list.
Closed Thread