Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
hungryghosts
hungryghosts began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre E-book Viewer available separately ?

Is Calibre E-book Viewer available separately ?
hungryghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:10 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The simple answers is yes!

The more complicated answer is that on OS X you have to go to Preferences->Advanced->Miscellaneous and click install command line tools to make the command line tools available, and that includes the ebook-viewer.

depending on your OS there may be an additional step for you to carr out
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2011, 02:49 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Separately, without installing Calibre? No. Separately, without having to start Calibre each time? Yes, see itimpi's post for that.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
hungryghosts
hungryghosts began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Separately, without installing Calibre? No. Separately, without having to start Calibre each time? Yes, see itimpi's post for that.
I'm PC.

But, thanks for the replies.

I'd really like the Calibre viewer as a standalone installation. To me it makes a lot of sense to provide the viewer/reader by itself for use.

However, I should also say - thanks a bunch to the makers for the Calibre suite - it really is great.

HG
hungryghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryghosts View Post
I'm PC.

But, thanks for the replies.

I'd really like the Calibre viewer as a standalone installation. To me it makes a lot of sense to provide the viewer/reader by itself for use.

However, I should also say - thanks a bunch to the makers for the Calibre suite - it really is great.

HG
Have you looked on your 'Start Menu: All Programs' under the Calibre entry?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryghosts View Post
The viewer converts formats using Calibre before it displays them. The conversion tools need to be installed for the viewer to work. I have installed Calibre on several machines, solely to be used as a standalone viewer, and that's all it does. As theducks says - look at the Start Menu.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:27 AM   #7
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
with all that is said above being yes.... practical use, associate your ePubs with the Viewer Execution program then you can right click on an ePub or another compatible book and pick open with Calibre Viewer, or depending if Calibre Viewer is the only associated program you can just double click the book.
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote