Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Jean Auel Earth Children - Tomorrow?

I've heard from several sources that the Earth's Children series is supposed to be released in eBook on October 6th and that's the date the Random House website is still listing.

Searching I can only find one site that lists the eBooks, who has Clan of the Cave Bear for $1.51 with a note that it is not available to download until 10/6. The rest are a little over $6.

https://www.ereadable.com/scripts/br...ref=0307767612

I'm a little surprised that the major retailers haven't made at least a little bit of a fuss over Ayla and Jondalar but maybe it is just big news to me. I'm hoping all the retailers will have at least Clan of the Cave Bear discounted.

Does anybody else have any info? Has it perhaps been delayed?
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I haven't seen anything but I enjoyed that series. The first book is great and deserves to be on everybody's to-read list. The others vary a bit in the quality of the writing and story. But like I said, I liked them.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Ohh, didn't know about that, I only know that book 6 will be arriving in March 2011... I believe in Kindle format as well (if I remember correctly)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Ohh, didn't know about that, I only know that book 6 will be arriving in March 2011... I believe in Kindle format as well (if I remember correctly)
Bloody well about time!
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
I've heard from several sources that the Earth's Children series is supposed to be released in eBook on October 6th and that's the date the Random House website is still listing.

Searching I can only find one site that lists the eBooks, who has Clan of the Cave Bear for $1.51 with a note that it is not available to download until 10/6. The rest are a little over $6.

https://www.ereadable.com/scripts/br...ref=0307767612

I'm a little surprised that the major retailers haven't made at least a little bit of a fuss over Ayla and Jondalar but maybe it is just big news to me. I'm hoping all the retailers will have at least Clan of the Cave Bear discounted.

Does anybody else have any info? Has it perhaps been delayed?
I went to the site and found the e-book is DRM encumbered so they can just keep their e-book and stuff it.
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 02:05 PM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
I went to the site and found the e-book is DRM encumbered so they can just keep their e-book and stuff it.
if it's only DRM, I could live with it. But I'm not allowed to buy it, so I'll keep my darknet copy...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I read the 1st one but when I tried to read the 2nd one (the valley of horses) it seemed to get bogged down in details about the world in which Ayla lived. I want to see the characters actually doing something, not have page after page of description. Maybe one day I will give it another look. I still have my 4 paperback's from the series. I didn't even know there was a 5th book.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #8
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
I kinda gave up halfway through book 4. I found it a little too much of a stretch to believe that Ayla was responsible for every major human discovery and invention prior to the internal combustion engine in about 3 years, 15,000 years ago...
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #9
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Mine:Kindle 3(wifi)Sony PRS-300(died)His: Sony Prs-300
I'll have to re-read the 1st few books again and then try the new one..I loved the 1st one having read it in High School but the 2nd one is kinda hazy in my memory
terraskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:00 PM   #10
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
I kinda gave up halfway through book 4. I found it a little too much of a stretch to believe that Ayla was responsible for every major human discovery and invention prior to the internal combustion engine in about 3 years, 15,000 years ago...
Yes, it is a stretch but Ayla is just a single representative of all the many people who came up with those discoveries and was used for the purpose of the story. Keep on mind that this is fiction based on actual human prehistory and educated supposition.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #11
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraskye View Post
I'll have to re-read the 1st few books again and then try the new one..I loved the 1st one having read it in High School but the 2nd one is kinda hazy in my memory
It's been long enough since the last book, I'll probably reread the entire series before reading the newest one. Hopefully, by the time I finish with the older books, the newest one will be out in paperback.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #12
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I felt the first three of the series were the strongest. And given that I was still a teen-aged walking hormone when they were written, the seemingly endless scenes of Sharing Pleasures goggled my eyes.

The 4th book, known as the Traveling Book, was just ok. I could have done without it. After a point you just want to scream - We get it! Bigotry is BAD!!!

The 5th book is a terrible train wreck and I'm hoping for the 6th it just wraps it up nicely and puts it to bed.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #13
Georgiegirl2012
Connoisseur
Georgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony touch prs600
As I've got the first 5 in paperback, I'll borrow the 6th from the library and buy it when it comes it's released in the same format (but no doubt with a different style cover) then I'll wrap them all up in brown paper and give them away as a gift.
Georgiegirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #14
sweevo
Groupie
sweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle Touch
Does the Kindle even have enough storage to hold all five current books, never mind the next one?
sweevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #15
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
I kind of felt that way on and off, but then decided that even though that was annoying, reading the way Ms. Auel described the need, then the working through the problem was well worth setting my credulity aside for awhile
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote