Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 08-16-2015, 12:08 PM   #1126
gummihuhn
Enthusiast
gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
Great that you found a workaround!

I have not (yet) installed KoReader on my (new) Kobo Glo HD. So I cannot confirm the KoReader side of the problem.

All I can say is:
1 - OPDS from iPad (with several different OPDS clients) is no problem with Apache
2 - The COPS demo runs (as far as I know) on NGNIX. (So no Apache problem here)
3 - using the default Kobo browser I can download from my Apache COPS server.

I would say it is a KoReader problem.
Yes, my experience is consistent with all three of your points above. I agree it is more likely a koreader issue. I'll open a new issue on github when I get a chance tonight or tomorrow.
gummihuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 02:10 PM   #1127
gummihuhn
Enthusiast
gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummihuhn View Post
I've had a breakthrough and found a workaround for this issue.
I spoke too soon. The downloaded file is not as expected. Details at github.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummihuhn View Post
I will open a new issue on github
You can follow this issue here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/1593
gummihuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:59 AM   #1128
onetoomany
onetoomany began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I've just managed to get COPS working with IIS and my Kobo.
Works out of the box with my iPad, but the Kobo required URL rewriting.

Steps taken:
1. Enabled URL rewriting in config_local.php

2. Enabled double escaping on the IIS:
CMD as administrator:
CD c:\Windows\System32\inetsrv
appcmd set config "MySiteName/ebooks" -section:system.webServer/security/requestFiltering -allowDoubleEscaping:true
(where MySiteName is the name of the site in IIS, and ebooks is the name of my virtual directory where COPS sits)
3. Installed URL Rewrite 2.04. Configured URL Rewrite:
Left click on my eBooks virtual directory, right click on URL Rewrite and select Open Feature, then Add Rule.
Name: COPS rewrite for eBooks
Requested URL: Matches the pattern
Pattern: download/(.*)/.*\.(.*)$
Action: Rewrite
Rewrite URL: fetch.php?data={R:1}&type={R:2}
Append query string: Tick
Stop Processing of subsequent rules: Tick
Apply
Go back to the list of rules, and select it. Move it up so it is above the default Short URLs rule (you will be warned that rules won't be inherited anymore but that's fine)
5. Restart IIS

6. Test!
If it isn't working, then you will need to enable failed request tracing to see what the cause is. I found this article very useful to see where I had gone wrong.
http://www.iis.net/learn/extensions/...-rewrite-rules

Regards,

Richard.
onetoomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:22 PM   #1129
teejcee
Enthusiast
teejcee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G & Paperwhite
Now that I have everything working to my satisfaction, I have another question.

Has anyone that has username/password login enforced made any
modifications to log successful user logins? I already have fail2ban
monitoring bad logins. ( none so far )

As I've said before, my PHP skills are next to none. This is not a show stopper
but would be nice to have.

Cheers all....
teejcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:42 AM   #1130
Michel4632
Michel4632 began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ reader pro on android
Hello,
I couldn't find a solution by searching, so I ask directly...

COPS on Synology NAS, DSM 5.2 update 4
Web server working flawlessly.

I have an issue with OPDS catalog on Moon+ reader :
when a list of books (e.g. all books from a given author) is longer than one page, I can only download a book from the first page. When I switch to the next page of the list, I can see the refreshed list of books, but without their thumbnail, and I can't download any of them. The page index (1/3, for instance) does not refresh to 2/3.
On the first page of any list, everything is working perfectly.

Does anyone have the same issue? Any solution ?

Thanks
Michel
Michel4632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:27 AM   #1131
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@Michel4632
I have just updated my ageing Synology DS110j to the latest firmware.

Then tried 2 different OPDS capable apps. As I do not have Android it were iOS apps.

They both had initially some difficulties reading the OPDS catalog but after some time (as the disk activity on the synology died down) I had no more problems and COPS worked as always, just fine!

What version of COPS are you using? I tried with a few months old version. But I do not think anything was changed in OPDS functionality and/or code in the past year or so.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:39 PM   #1132
fumantsu
fumantsu began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Tablet
Hello,

I want to ask something. I have Moon+ and if in Net libraries put the feed.php I'm getting the xml code. Does anyone know why?
fumantsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 05:15 AM   #1133
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

@fumantsu

I could not reproduce your problem. Could you give more information?

[To test your problem I installed the Android emulator "BlueStacks" on Windows 7 and installed Moon+ in "BlueStacks".]
Old 10-17-2015, 08:42 AM   #1134
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiby View Post
Hello!

I was wondering if there was a way to separate the tags and series by first letter, as with the authors and titles? I looked for a setting in the configs file but only found the ones for author and titles...
I'd like to request this as well, I'm accessing my COPS server on my kindle and scrolling through the very long series list is a bit painful, having it split up would be much easier.

Thank you for all the work you've put in on this it's a great piece of software.
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:03 AM   #1135
fumantsu
fumantsu began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
@fumantsu

I could not reproduce your problem. Could you give more information?

[To test your problem I installed the Android emulator "BlueStacks" on Windows 7 and installed Moon+ in "BlueStacks".]
Well I don't have too much to give. I have make the setup with external library. Simple going to net libraries and give the feed.php it is just show the xml code. If I do the same without the feed.php, it loads the php page as like in browser.
fumantsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:26 AM   #1136
mariosipad
Guru

Interesting!

If I configure moon+ [in an emulator] with:
http://<IP_of_COPS_server>/cops/feed.php
or just
http:??<IP_of_COPS_server>/cops

both give the OPDS view and not the web-view of COPS.

What server are you using (Apache/nginx/other)?
How does your config_local.php file look like? What settings?
Old 11-03-2015, 09:13 AM   #1137
drago87
drago87 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
i'm trying to configer an COPS server on my Open media vault server using its Nginx plugin. but the only thing that happens when i try to open it in my browser is that it tries to download the index.php file. and if i use FB reader with "http://"my_ip": port" i get "This is not an OPDS catalouge" and with "http://"my_ip": port/opds" i get HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found". I asked in the OMV forums here but have as off yet not resived an anser
drago87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:54 PM   #1138
mariosipad
Guru

For OPDS access in COPS use:

http://"my_ip": port/feed.php

If this does not solve your problem then what is the output of (in a browser):

http://"my-ip": port/checkconfig.php
Old 11-04-2015, 09:22 AM   #1139
drago87
drago87 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
it also tries to download both feed.php and checkconfig.php instead of executing them when using a browser. and when using the feed.php with FBReader i get a This is not a OPDS catalogue

Could it be that i'm missing a library?

Last edited by drago87; 11-04-2015 at 09:34 AM.
drago87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:21 AM   #1140
mariosipad
Guru

It looks like openmediavault-nginx does not recognise PHP-code.

But according to the "documentation" it should (php-fpm).

Strange. Do you have to enable PHP (and sqlite) somewhere in nginx or openmediavault (like on a synology)?

Maybe you could try to reinstall the nginx plugin?

Last edited by mariosipad; 11-04-2015 at 10:28 AM.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology