Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
battaglia01
battaglia01 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0"
Automatically populating metadata "tags" field from directory structure

Hi all,

I have a directory of math textbooks I'd like to add to Calibre. The directory structure is organized by the field of math involved, for instance:

.../pure/algebra/linear/Linear_Algebra_and_its_Applications-Lay.pdf

or

.../applied/engineering/Advanced_Engineering_Mathematics-Greenberg-2e.pdf

etc.

I'd like to add the entire directory tree's worth of files into Calibre, and to have it populate the "tags" section of each file by the directory structure that it's in. So for instance, I'd like the first one to get the tags "pure, algebra, linear", and the second one to get the tags "applied, engineering".

I've looked at the "Control the adding of books" dialog, but can't figure out how to do it - is there some way to configure regular expressions to do this?

Thanks,
Mike
battaglia01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
No. You can only use parts of the filename. Not the names of the folders.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote