Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 07:35 AM   #1
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige
mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
HTML column type in custom meta-data.

This is a re-post as the original kinda got lost in an un-related thread:

When creating custom columns in the meta-data, is it possible to have a "html" column type? Specifically I'd like to have a column which is an html link to info about a series for example, (but it could be anything... say author info, wiki link etc). And when I click on that link, it automatically loads it up in my default web browser.

I can create a text based column easy enough with the above info... but I'd like to be able to click on a url and it opens in a browser. Perhaps there is a form of syntax I could use in text based column types, (although I tried standard html, i.e. <a href="bla">link</a> ... but that didn't work)?

Just wondering,
mk.
mukoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:59 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, none of the custom column types will allow for clickable links.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert