Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 12-22-2006, 09:49 AM   #1
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Anybody using a Newton MP2000 as an ebook reader?

Hi folks,

I have an old Newton Messagepad 2000 that still works fine, and I'm wondering how well it might work as an eBook reader. I'll go ahead and experiment, but I wondered if anyone else here has been using one, and what their experience was?

The main problems I can think of are the limits in text file size and the nuisance of getting content in and out (ironically enough, my Mac doesn't have a serial port, though the PCs in the house do).
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
labin
labin began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story or newton 2k
same with me. i realize the original post is a bit old, yet interesting. i do have a newton 2k, as opposed to not having a $300-ebook reader.
anybody out there sucessfully using the newton as reader? and is able to do hassle-free transfers with OS X? i assume even if you convert your epub, mobi or pdf to newton-book.pkg, you have to install it instead of just copying it to a CF-card you can insert into a PC-card adapter and pop it in to one of the slots....
anyway, i would apreciate an answer...
labin is offline   Reply With Quote