Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 04-03-2008, 08:56 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moore, Ward: Greener Than You Think, v1, 03 April 2008.

Here's a tongue-in-cheeck Science Fiction novel for your enjoyment.

Here's a quote from the web:

"Written in 1947, a science fiction novel about the grass we tread upon. When an unscrupulous salesman sprays a dying suburban Los Angeles lawn with an untested chemical spray, it is the beginning of the end of the world. The grass begins to grow uncontrollably and riotously, ten feet hight, thick, tough, inpenetrable, gradually engulfing Los Angeles, then California..After reading this novel, you will never view your lawn in the same way."

I hope you enjoy it.

NOTE: There are numbers to the extreme left of some paragraphs. Not having a paper copy of this novel, I didn't know if they were numbered sub-titles or not. If they are NOT numbered sub-titles, let me know and I'll correct this and post a version 2.

Thanks.

SECOND NOTE: (April 4) - I'm reading this novel and must say that it is a wonderfully funny novel; however, it is FILLED WITH TYPOS AND ERRORS on almost every screen, such as run-on compound words without hypens, along with the absence of apostrophes on many contractions, for example. It's quite readable - no problems in the actual reading - but it's annoying to encounter error upon error, and with too many to fix in my opinion. I would literally have to read the book on my computer and within BookDesigner which is impractical for me. Until a better copy from Gutenberg (or some place else) comes along, this will be the copy that is posted. --Don)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:59 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
They are page numbers from the scanned book. They can be removed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
They are page numbers from the scanned book. They can be removed.
Hi JSWolf:

Actually, the scanned copy from Gutenberg had scanned numbers in brackets. I removed all these. These other bold-faced numbers seemed to have no connection with the bracketed numbers that I removed.

Could there have been two sets of numbers, but with different pagination, do you think?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote