Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-03-2007, 03:52 AM   #1
arvinder
arvinder began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N72
E-Book Reading Devices

Hi e-book experts,

I have converted some titles in AER, Mobi, LIT, Palm and Sony from OEB 1.0 and able to read on freeware emulaters. Now What i am looking forward.

1. Which latest E-Book reading devices can be purchased to upload my ebook formats into devices and see whether my books can be published in AER, MOBI, LIT, PALM and SONY FORMATS or not. Money is not an issues to buy reading devices.

2. What all latest window based and pocket PC readers are avaliable to install inside the devices and on window based PC to read E-Books in (AER, Mobi, MSLIT, Palm and Sony formats).

Thanks
Arvinder
arvinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:06 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinder View Post
Money is not an issues to buy reading devices.
Are you looking to adopt?

I don't think my knowledge should be taken as comprehensive by any means, but let's see what I can do with that list:

AER -- can't help there, I'm not familiar with it.

MOBI -- newest device would be the iRex iLiad, but if you wait a month or so, you can likely add the Cybook Gen 3 and the Amazon Kindle to that list. For the PC side, you may have to get the viewer from Mobipocket directly.

LIT -- devices ... that would be none, I believe, and I think the only app that reads these is MSReader.

PALM -- (assuming you don't mean Mobi formatted Palm books) for devices, the newest would likely be the just announced Palm Centro, but any Palm OS device would likely do you. I believe eReader has a PC app that you can download from their site for that part of things.

SONY FORMATS -- (assuming you mean BBeB) -- the newest device is the just announced (yesterday) PRS-505, for the PC side, you pretty much have to have Sony's Connect Software, or its successor, which isn't available for download quite yet, but comes with the PRS-505.

Also you might want to look at the FBReader and µBook apps, as I believe they would handle a couple-three of those formats in a single app.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2007, 11:42 AM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinder View Post
Hi e-book experts,

I have converted some titles in AER, Mobi, LIT, Palm and Sony from OEB 1.0 and able to read on freeware emulaters. Now What i am looking forward.

1. Which latest E-Book reading devices can be purchased to upload my ebook formats into devices and see whether my books can be published in AER, MOBI, LIT, PALM and SONY FORMATS or not. Money is not an issues to buy reading devices.

2. What all latest window based and pocket PC readers are avaliable to install inside the devices and on window based PC to read E-Books in (AER, Mobi, MSLIT, Palm and Sony formats).

Thanks
Arvinder
Read the article on ebook readers and formats on my web site. It should answer most of your questions. IS AER a reading device for the blind? Need more information to help on that format. There is no single device that can read all of the formats you specified.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
NatCh, Microsoft Reader has a version for PocketPC/Windows Mobile, so you can read .lit files on any PocketPC/smartphone with a Microsoft OS.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote