Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-02-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
DWIM
DWIM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
How to open the Kindle2 back cover?

My apologies; first post. Have been looking all around before posting. Have a Kindle2. Want to open the back cover to insert an SD card. But, looking at this thing, I can't see how to do so. Yes, I've read, turn off, turn it over. Then I read slide it off and say huh? Slide what off? And how? Again, my apologies.
DWIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:25 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Kindle2 does not use SD cards nor does the back slide off, you mean Kindle 1?
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWIM View Post
My apologies; first post. Have been looking all around before posting. Have a Kindle2. Want to open the back cover to insert an SD card. But, looking at this thing, I can't see how to do so. Yes, I've read, turn off, turn it over. Then I read slide it off and say huh? Slide what off? And how? Again, my apologies.
Kindle 1 can take an SD card. Kindle 2 cannot.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:00 AM   #4
DWIM
DWIM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Like I said. First post. Thanks all for the replies. Somewhere I had assumed / misread that it had an internal SD slot. My bad. But, now I'm on to a great new resource (these forums) to explore and help me learn.
DWIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Like I said. First post. Thanks all for the replies. Somewhere I had assumed / misread that it had an internal SD slot. My bad. But, now I'm on to a great new resource (these forums) to explore and help me learn.
Welcome to MobileRead, dwim. There was a thread on here that mistakenly thought there was a space for a future Sd card inside the K2. It turned out to be a space for a future sim card.

Unfortunately, in their infinite wisdom, Amazon has decided you don't need an SD card on the K2.

Stick around, scour the forums, and learn what your K2 can do. click on the linkys to participate in our Kindle poll, and ask questions as they occur to you.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
There's a place for a SIM card, but you have to pull out the guts to get to it, and even then I don't know if there are any connections.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #7
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
There's a place for a SIM card, but you have to pull out the guts to get to it, and even then I don't know if there are any connections.
I think it's just a spot on the board for a SIM, not even a connection. Even if there were, it would have to be supported in firmware which I really doubt it is.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I think it's just a spot on the board for a SIM, not even a connection. Even if there were, it would have to be supported in firmware which I really doubt it is.
I think you're right. It's just there to tease everyone
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote