Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
What's inside the NookColor........

Of course, someone had to crack it open.......
http://www.zdnet.com/photos/nookcolo...get-photo-roto

Interesting steps involved in opening it up......I think I'll pass on it, and assume that mine is the same inside as described......

I wonder if they returned it after the teardown
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
ShadowDragon
Enthusiast
ShadowDragon has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook, Kobo Aura HD
Isn't if funny how little there is in these things. When Steve Jobs showed his new MacBook Air in his last keynote, they showed it broken down. Mostly battery and just a small u-shaped cicuit board that was the computer itself. And they charge how much?!
ShadowDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
kilmar
Connoisseur
kilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color, nook, Sony PRS-700
Most bleeding edge technology's cost goes to the already spent R&D that went in to designing the device. The iPod Nano was estimated to cost $43.73 for a device that costs $150 retail.
kilmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
We're starting to see some useful images/feedback from the folks at Novaports in their salting procedure. Let's hope they had the oven on bake and not broil.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=892615
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:13 AM   #5
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
We're starting to see some useful images/feedback from the folks at Novaports in their salting procedure. Let's hope they had the oven on bake and not broil.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=892615
I see today that they confirmed that the bluetooth chip is connected to the antenna. So...we'll have BT working eventually (at least for rooted NCs).

Maybe B&N will enable it later. They might not have wanted to launch the device and also deal with BT support. BT devices can be annoying, even for experienced techies like me.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
nookcolor